"Yes, why?"

"Do you want to walk around a bit? That garden patch is quite pretty."

"Hm, Sure I could leave my post for a bit."

You walked towards the warm patch of grass accompanied by flowers and sat down picking at the dandelions.

"Did you know these are considered weeds?"

"Why? They look like pretty flowers."

"Well beauty is a subjective thing, people pick these weeds out because they don't want it to ruin their beautiful gardens."

You hand her some yellow dandelions and she begins to fiddle with them copying the way you'd tie them together.

"That doesn't seem right, gardens can be pretty with these weeds."

"So if you had a garden would you keep the weeds even if people think they aren't pretty."

"Yes because it doesn't devalue my garden."

"So even if it were possible for that kid to think you're scary it doesn't matter because you still do an exceptional job at the aquabus."

"Are you saying im a flower weed?"

"If the crown fits"
You tease, placing the flower crown on her head.

She stares at her reflection through the water,
"It is a pretty crown...Here you can have the one I made."

"I suppose we are both flower weeds now. Did you know that there is one exceptional weed amongst them all."

"Which one?"

"When this yellow dandelion turns into this white puffball it has the ability to grant wishes once you blow all the seeds into the wind."

"You humans have strange traditions."

You handed her the seedhead dandelion and she closes her eyes before blowing and making a personal wish.

"Um excuse me Miss Aeval?"
A young boy approached the two of you

"Ah, you're from the group I just gave a tour too."

"I um.. had a question about your story."
He then tenses up noticing your presence, perhaps he wanted to ask her alone.

"Well, thanks for the crown Aeval. Good job kiddo."

You praised the confused kid before leaving but it seemed to have boosted his confidence enough to blurt his question out to Aeval about her story.
When far enough you sighed in relief with how well that played out, a coincidence like that was too good. Maybe dandelions can grant wishes?

After patrolling till late evening you made your way towards Palais Mermonia, more specifically, Neuvillette's office. You marched in, since it was late night only a few gestionnaire were at their tables working.

"Looks who's back from playing all day."
one of them snickered

"What are you in here for today?"
The other asked as it was her job to note down visitors

"What i'm always here for"

"To report to Daddy Neuvillette about his Melusines."

She whispered that classless joke enough for you to hear.

"Ladies, my job is very legit and professional,"

"Oh i'm sure it is"
she says sarcastically

You sighed, the late night gestionnaires always poked fun at your profession. You're guess as to why is because they don't get to personally chat with the Monsieur himself.

You weren't close with him despite being acquainted for a couple of years. He is a reserved man with a barrier that keeps others from bonding. You don't try to cross the line either, to respect his desire to remain impartial. Forming a relationship, even a casual one is dangerous to his bias. However, you've notice that he tends to speak in a more easygoing manner whenever the topic is about Melusines or his other hidden passions.

"Sir, i'm here to relay the report"
You spoke.

his gaze lifts up slightly from his paper work,
"You have my attention, proceed."

"Today's patrol resulted in one abnormality regarding Aeval, operator of the Clemetine line."

"Aeval.. What could have possibly troubled her?"
he was slightly stunned by the news.

"The timidity of a child led her to believe she was scary and intimidating."

"Aeval scary? what a preposterous idea. She is an adorable beloved guide."

"You really are like a doting father to them."
You blurted out with a giggle

He muses your comparison,
"If that is true, What does that make you to them?"

Your eyes widen slightly realizing your unprofessional comment but more taken aback by his returned joke. Entertaining the bit further you brought your hand to your chin a exaggerated manner,

"I suppose a therapist? Nonetheless she took the disatisfaction of the child personally and put the heavy blame on herself."

"She is passionate about her work, isn't she? No doubt that lowered her self-esteem in proficiency."

He stood up, pacing around the room yet still attentive to the report like a concerned father. You explained in detail how you handled the event, even mentioning the childish dandelion approach. Lifting your hat you revealed the deterioraiting flower crown she gifted you.

"I would have appreciated receiving one too."
He confesses

"Oh! I honestly didn't expect that from you Mr. Neuvillette."

"Why not? I am interested any gift from Melusines, no matter how childish."

"I'll be sure to let them know next time then."

"Thank you for today's report. If any urgent issues arise before our next meeting, do come to my office. That being said, you are excused for the night."

"Of course sir, until next meeting then."
You depart the office building for the night.

Neuvillette always manages to surpise you in new ways. Not much is known of him which paints him as this wonderous mysterious man. Many rumors circulate about him and his personality. The most popular and agreed upon rumor is that divine favor has granted him a sort of eternal youth, hes been around for a particularly long span of time as he was the one who first integrated the Melusines into human life.

You quickly dismiss your curiosity. All you needed to be aware of was the honor of being specialized eyes for Fontaine's long lasting Chief of Justice.