37

CHAPTER 37

Finn woke up, Matilda sound asleep beside him, her hair messily sprawled over the pillow. He stared at her longingly, noticing how she breathed slowly, how her eyes would flutter every few seconds.

"Stop staring," she whispered, making him look away quickly. "I'm not," he defended, staring at the light that beamed through the gap in the curtain.

Tilly chuckled, sitting up and using her hands to flatten her hair. "You were, saw you."

"What! You had your eyes closed!"

"So you were staring?" Tilly raised an eyebrow. Finn rolled his eyes, standing and pulling the sheet off of her. She scowled and fell back into the pillows. Before they could say anymore, there was a loud bang on the door downstairs.

Finn looked at her curiously. "If you ignore it, they'll go away," she sighed, grabbing his wrists and pulling him toward her. Whoever was at the door banged louder.

"Til," he said, trying to climb from underneath her. "Tilly, at least let me check who it is," he bargained.

Tilly groaned, rolling onto her side and allowing him to stand beside the window. Finn pulled the curtain back and frowned.

"Fuck, it's Polly." He quickly pulled his pants over his legs and rushed down the stairs, pulling the door open. Polly raised an eyebrow, giving him a once over. "What time d'ya call this?" She scolded.

He glanced at the clock on the wall. "One in the afternoon,"

Polly shoved past him and smacked the back of his head. "Incase you've forgotten, Thomas is holding a charity dinner tonight you fool. And i'd suggest getting ready," Polly pointed a finger at him. "And tell Matilda her dress is over at my house."

Polly looked around the house. "Speaking of, how is she?"

"She seems fine."

"It's a wonder she's still fucking alive," she whispered, fixing one of the pictures on the wall. Finn bit the inside of his cheek, looking up the stairs to ensure Tilly hadn't been listening. "At least I hope she's okay," he said, his hands behind his back.

"She will be ask long as you look after her. Just don't treat her like a child and don't do any fucking cocaine." Polly said, reminding of the moment that caused the first real argument between them.

"Alright, alright. You can go now, we'll be over in a bit," Finn ushered her out. Polly scoffed and stepped back onto the cobble outside. He closed the door and took a breath. "Til!" He called out, "Pol wants us both over at hers, says ya dress is there."

"Coming!" She shouted, a loud bang coming from upstairs. "The fuck was that?" He asked, waiting at the bottom.

"Fell of the bed," she said, embarrassed. She appeared in front of him only seconds later. "Shelby charity dinner, youse have moved up in the world." Tilly mocked.

"No, Tommy has moved up in the work." He corrected her, opening the door once more and following her over to Polly's house. Tilly shrugged, "same fuckin thing,"

Finn laughed and shook his head, gently shoving her. Tilly ignored him and twisted the door handle, opening the door and being met with everyone but Tommy and Ada. Polly stood, fixing Johns tie.