12

CHAPTER 12
(volume 2, five months later)

Tilly walked alongside Finn and a few other peaky boys as they made their way to the Garrison.

The grand re-opening of The Garrison after some bastards decided to blow it up. Finn moved off to the side, letting go of Matilda.

"Finn where are ya going?" Cameron shouted. "I'm going to talk to Arthur, carry on, i'll meet you there!" He said, approaching the small house.

Isiah and Matilda looked at each other, shrugging. "What do you reckon it'll look like?" Isiah asked, taking a cigarette and lighting it, pointing the box to her.

She willingly took one and stopped walking, allowing him to light it for her.

"Probably very extravagant, it's the Shelby's." She reminded him, walking again. He hummed in agreement and opened the door, allowing her to enter before him.

Matilda looked around, a small gasp leaning her mouth at the gold decorations.

"Woah.." she whispered, touching one of the tables. "Matilda!" John shouted, his arms open. Tilly walked to him, giving him a smile. "Our Tilly, isn't she wonderful," He said, his arm over her shoulder as he took her to where Esme sat.

"John," she groaned, shoving his arm away and taking a seat.

"Where's ya boyfriend?" John shouted over the noise. "He's went to check on Arthur, it's his pub after all." Tilly told him, stealing his glass and finishing the drink, wincing as the amber liquid traveled down her throat.

John chuckled at her, snatching the empty glass and leaning against the wall.

After a while, Finn had returned with his eldest brother who seemed ecstatic. Finn nodded toward her and sat in the empty chair beside her, his arm draped over the back of her chair.

"How d'ya get him to come?" John asked, lighting a cigar.

Finn shrugged. "Gave him a bit of Tokyo, that's all." He said, accepting the glass of whiskey off John. Tilly bit her tongue, annoyed at her boyfriends use of cocaine.

Tommy walked through the pub, stopping and pointing a finger at his brother. "Give me that," he said, taking the glass from Finn's hand. "Keep him off the whiskey, John." He ordered, walking off.

Finn's lips parted and he let out a frustrated breath, removing his arm from behind Matilda and dropping it into his lap.

"Bastard." He muttered,

Tilly's eyes shifted over to a drunk Polly who stood laughing with a man. She smiled slightly, happy that the woman was finally happy.

Over the past week, Tommy had been searching for Polly's kids who'd been taken when they were young. He'd found her son, Micheal. But unfortunately her daughter Anna had died.

"Is that Ada?" Tilly quickly stood to her feet, growing excited at the brunette haired girl who entered with her son. "Ada!" she shouted, waving.

"Hello, you!" Ada smiled widely, using her free arm to hug her. "How've you been," Ada asked.

"I've been good, how has this one been doing?" Tilly asked, gently touching Karl's cheek, smiling. "He's good, really good. Wakes up in the night." She chuckled, thanking Esme who offered to take the boy.