15

CHAPTER 15

TW
SUICIDE

Tilly's eyes widened and a blood curdling scream left her mouth. Panic filled Finn and he dropped the coats, rushing to the living room. He stood behind Tilly and froze, his lips parting when Janice's body hung from the metal curtain rod, her body limp.

Cries left Matilda's mouth as she ran up to Janice's body, attempting to pull her down. Finn stood, completely frozen.

Tilly pulled at the curtain rod, ripping it off the wall and holding her mothers body as it fell.

"No, no come on, mum. Please!" She begged, kneeling down and placing her hands on Janice's cold face. "Mum please!" She shouted, her voice cracking.

Tilly looked up at Finn with a tear stained face.

Finn felt like he was going to
throw up. Matilda looked at him, begging for reassurance and support. But he remained still, his hands shaking.

Tilly leaned her head into her mothers chest, loud sobs leaving her mouth. "No," she whispered, taking a fistful of Janice's clothes into her hand.

There was no doubt that she was dead. Tilly had left the house at 4pm when Janice was nowhere to be found, she returned at 12am the next morning.

Finn took a few steps backward. "I'll go get help," was all he could get out before he ran outside, over to his aunt's house. "Polly! Tom!" He shouted, swinging the door open.

Polly and the rest of the Shelby brothers were inside the small kitchen, drinking.

"Bloody hell, Finn. Almost gave me a heart attack," Tommy laughed, placing an empty glass on the table.

"No- Janice, somethings happened," he stuttered, panting.

Stuttering. Something Finn did in overwhelming situations.

Polly was the first to stand, rushing out of the house and running over the road. Then it was Arthur and Tommy.

Finn and John followed them over.

They all stopped when they saw a broken Matilda holding her mothers lifeless body. A gasp left Polly's mouth as she kneeled beside the girl, touching Janice's neck.

"Call someone, an ambulance, anyone." Polly ordered one of them. Arthur quickly grabbed the phone, dialling a number.

John and Tommy had pure horror displayed on their face. John also felt slight anger at Finn who stood doing nothing whilst his girlfriend sat, a mess, holding the dead body of her mother.

Soon enough, an ambulance arrived, even though they were no use because Janice was dead.

"Tilly love, you're going to have to move," Polly said softly. Tilly shook her head, more tears escaping her eyes. Tommy walked round, gently placing his hands under her arms, pulling her to her feet. "No, you can't take her away!" She shouted as Janice's body was carried outside.

Tommy kept ahold of her, hugging her. Matilda shoved her head into Thomas' chest as he placed a hand on the back of her head.