4

CHAPTER 4

Billy's hands wandered over the soft skin of Victoria Riley, laughing into their kiss. Victoria threw her head back, breaking the kiss. She jumped when she heard a bang downstairs. "What's that?"

"Probably just Harry, he was drinking tonight."

She nodded and held onto his shoulders, closing her eyes.

Billy finally pulled away, falling to the side of her and breathing heavily. She pulled the white bedsheet up to her chest, looking at the ceiling. 

He turned over, checking his time piece. "You need to leave soon, you can't sleep here tonight because if Harry sees you, he'll tell Tilly,"

"Fuck Matilda, Billy." She leaned up, using her elbow to support her.

"No, Victoria seriously. Harry like..tells her everything. I hate it." He said, laying on his back.

Victoria let out a breath, throwing her legs over the side of the bed and picking up her things. She took her ribbon from beside the pillow and stuffed it into her pocket.

Billy's relaxed his face as realisation hit him. "That was your ribbon?" He hissed.

"Yeah..i just put it into my pocket."

"No, Victoria." He hissed, "Matilda picked up a red ribbon off my floor the other day. That was yours? Why are you leaving a fucking ribbon in my room."

"I wouldn't of meant it, relax. If she knew anything, she'd have said something."

Billy threw his head back in annoyance, "just get your shit and get out, Victoria." He said, running a hand over his face.

She raised her eyebrows at his tone. "Whatever,"

-

Matilda tapped her pen on the table, staring at the blank paper as the scene from the night before replayed in her head. "Tilly? Matilda?" Tommy caught her attention.

"Hm?" She asked.

"Did you listen to a single thing i just said?"

"No," she shook her head truthfully.

"Matilda, do you need to go home?" He asked, genuinely worried about the young girl. "No, i'm fine. What were you saying?"

"I was saying that you don't need to worry about finishing the count, Finn got Isiah to do it."

"Finn? Where is he, i've got his cap and jacket." Matilda stood eagerly.

"He's..in the office, making a call for me." Tommy said. "The fuck is up with you two recently?" He asked.

"No, nothing." She said, picking up the items and going to the office. She didn't knock, she just walked in.

Finn looked up from the phone, lowering it slightly when he saw Matilda stood in front of him. "Yeah, er..i'll have Tommy call you back." He said before putting the phone down.

"Hello," he said nervously.

She smiled slightly, holding out his things. "You left so quickly, you must've forgot to take them." Matilda said, trying to take away his awkwardness.