Breakfast and Bombs

Temperence's POV

We sat around for a good 20 minutes, before we got our food, and before Lukas and Ivory decided to join us. Ivory looked like a train wreck, for the first time since I met her.

"Hey are you okay?" I ask, cutting up my blueberry waffles.

"Yeah, I'm fine as long as the lot of you are too," Ivory smiles, "Waffles nice choice."

Lukas sits down beside Ace, who was chugging a glass of milk. Everyone sat in silence for a good 10 minutes as we all were eating. Everything felt wrong. I wonder if they patched the giant hole that was made yesterday. I wonder if the north as okay. I wonder if my older sister still cared about what's happening. I was wondering about our teammates bellow Ivory's house.

"What were you guys doing?" Ace smirks.

"Ivory was busy trying to kill herself in her room so I stepped in like the hero I am." Lukas smiles, "It's no problem, I get free food. As a slightly acceptable reward."

"I'm not suicidal, that is Ace's job." Ivory mutters.

"I'm not suicidal what gave you that idea?" Ace yawns.

"Considering I might kill your girlfriend for sport. Yes, that's the idea. That's why you're depressed; besides that and being utterly useless every way possible." Ivory says curtly, "Oh wait that might drastically hurt your feelings, I'm sorry for such rude, behavior."

"Okay cousin, whatever." Ace makes an annoyed face.

"Can you guys stop arguing and think for a minute?" I say annoyed.

"Thinking is too difficult for all of us, do you think we would be in this mess if we would actually think ahead?" Lukas mutters like the smart-ass he is.

"Yes! Some people believe in fate!" I snap, "It could've happened no matter what we did! There's enough variables!"

"You know what fate is? Loving someone who constantly leaves you! Dying prematurely! Living in poverty! Not this! This is what happens when society is ruining everything! This is what happens when people were raised to kill, this is what happens-!" Lukas yells his voice shutting down so he couldn't continue.

"It's your fault you messed up your life! Not society!" I shout as the cooks start leaving the room.

"Temperence sit down it's just another one of his snaps." Aiden mutters.

Ivory sits awkwardly, between Aiden and Lukas. "Hey! Stop it!" She snaps looking tired. The bruises on her face still crystallized, I sit down fishing my luke-warm food.

Lukas walks out of the kitchen after smashing one of the kitchen chairs up against a wall.