Disarray

Aiden's POV

For some reason I could never see Lukas being that, disgusting, not that I looked up to him or anything. I just didn't think he'd be that type of person. Temperence and I sit in the guestroom; Temperence claims that was larger than the one she stayed in the last night before. "Temperence, are you mad at your brother?" I ask blankly hoping she wouldn't get mad at my curiosity. She sighs as she counts the lien Ivory gave us for our efforts. "I don't know. Are you?"

I think for a moment, "Kind of?" I say, crossing my arms staring at the ceiling. "I'm not mad that he killed more people than Copper and Lily's mercenary parents combined, I'm mad he didn't tell us- You." I lay on the bed, "How much did she give us?" I question, not really needing the money anyway due to the small mission I did the day before.

Temperence hands me the lien. "1,000" she says, "That's more than what we would get for a B rated mission." She lays down beside me, "I just hope Ivory doesn't fall for his tricks." I chuckle, "He doesn't have any tricks, you knew how much he failed at asking her out in Beacon." Temperence laughs. "Yeah but they both loved each-other." I laugh,"Just like you and I. " I say while glancing at her for a moment, before turning of the room's lights.

Ivory's POV

After showing Ace to his room after I did the same for both Aiden and Temperence; I decided to go to the jail cells to check up on Lukas; as the idiot I am. I sit on a chair in front of his cell as her glares at me. "Are you going to break my toes two? I'd gladly let you." he grins. "You couldn't have meant you wanted to kill your sister," I comments avoid his flirtatious quote. He sighs, looking away from me, "Ivory, I honestly only know of half, of what's going though my head." I try looking at his face to see if he was lying it didn't seem that way.

After a few minutes of silence, "Why would you go after us?" I ask. He Looks back at me, the one black eye on the left of his face looking like a black hole. "As Copper would say if she were in my position... Would you really want people missing you when you'd kill yourself?" He says, "I'd rather lose what I have then have the possessions miss me." I raise my eyebrows as he addresses me as property. "I've been losing swipes of memory, either due to the mass amount of acid that was pumped onto me or-" He curls up on the cell bed holding his head with broken fingers.

I watch him for a minute. "Lukas if embracing yourself as a monster you think you are help you? You're narcissistic." I comment trying to not feel sympathy. "I know." he growls still holding his head. If you knew why are you doing that/this? "How do I simplify the situation." I mutter suddenly out of breath. He lays there quietly for several minutes. "Take back what you did." He mutters standing up to the cell bars. I raise my eyebrows shaking, "Take back what?" He breaks into tears, "W-what you said!" he tries grabbing the bars in the psychotic anger or sadness, failing with the broken fingers. I stand up from the wooden chair closer to the bars. "What did I say..."

He glares at me, "I can't love you." I'm not sure if he was quoting me, or saying his own words, but I lean up to him between the bars kissing him on the lips for a split second before backing away; as he threw himself onto the cell bed in agony. I walk away quickly. Having it turn into a brisk jog. Then a full out dash down the hallway until I got back to my office. I then started filling out my mountains of paper, in a heap of tears.

Ace's POV

It's midnight. I think to myself unable to go to sleep. What was the point in finding Copper, Her sister, and Evan? They might even be worse than Lukas. I rub my eyes. I haven't slept in 48 hours. Go to sleep. I think, as I grab a bottle of booze I stole from Ivory's kitchen while she was busy either filling out papers or making out with Lukas. "What flavor are you buddy boy." I say trying to make myself laugh with no success. Cinnamon - idiot read the label. I quote Copper saying when she bought a random pouch of store bought cookies; giving them to me when she said she didn't need them.

I drank over half of it before I burst into tears around 2 am. "WHY THE FUCK DO I STILL CARE!" I yell hoping to have the guards come in and take me out of this fucking mansion, They were most likely asleep by now though. I stand up from the bed kicking off my shoes, and pouring the booze on the floor. " FUCK ALL OF YOU! HOW CAN YOU KEEP ME AROUND! I'M SO FUCKING USELESS!" I knock one of the empty victorian dressers over. I throw of my jacket and shirt, ripping at the mas amounts of scar tissue; just enough to make my back to slightly bleed; before I threw myself onto the bed. Passing out eventually.