MAYA (V.O.) Okay I was a little popular but for the wrong things and none of that popular stuff is helping me right now...the thing is Im not jealous of my sister it's just sometimes seeing her reminds me of how much more I could be doing especially as an older sister.

INT. PARTY VENUE - BACK TO REALITY.

Mariah reaches Maya and hugs her.

MARIAH- MJ when did you get here?

MAYA-I've been here for a while I was just standing here trying not to be in the way

Mariah smirks a not so friendly smirk at her.

MARIAH- Isn't that sweet?

Maya smirks back.

MARIAH-Did you prepare your toast?

MAYA- (shocked) Wait? Im speaking Im terrible at toasts you know that.

INT. RESTAURANT - FLASH BACK

The James family is sitting around a table. Congratulations balloons are around Maya.

MAYA (V.O)-I had just gradated college majoring in Fashion Design....my parent's instead wanted me to take up law like my best friend Hazel.

CURTIS-We are so proud of you and can't wait to see what you have planned next.

Now Maya's nervous she stands up slowly and begins to make a speech.

MAYA-(Nervous)What I have planned next-

MARIAH-Yes Maya what do you have planned next?

Maya swallows.

MAYA-I got a job at tuckernuck as an apparel designer.

MARIAH-Wait that clothing store? That's actually good MJ.

MAYA (V.O.)Bitch. What the hell does she mean actually?!

CURTIS We were worried about you cupcake we didn't think you would find something so soon?

MAYA-Well why not?

Just before Curtis can answer:

MARIAH -(Checking her phone)Oh my God I got into Harvard!

Curtis and Melissa jump and hug her. Both excited while Maya sinks, this isn't her congratulations party anymore.

CURTIS- Wait what were you gonna say MJ?

MAYA- nothing it um it doesn't matter.

INT.VENUE - ENGAGEMENT PARTY - BACK TO REALITY

Mariah's fiancé DAVID DAVENPORT is in the middle of giving a toast.

DAVID-Mariah I knew from the moment I met you at Harvard that you were the women I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. You have the biggest heart I've ever seen.