💥9

Her internship was actually pretty uneventful. Although Kyushu was a large city, Hawk's agency was also very large. And Tokoyami were interns there was rarely any jobs for them on the "front lines." Today, she took her usual route to the agency, grabbing a bubble tea for herself, a black coffee for Tokoyami, and an extra sweet mochiatto with three pumps of caramel for Hawks. As she entered the agency there was the familiar buzz as workers flit around like worker bees. Y/N sighed, and took the clear glass elevator up to the 14th floor. As she did, Hawks' bright red wings appeared in the distance. He neared the elevator, almost crashing into the glass. He reeled back as the elevator stopped t the 5th floor, a messy haired IT scurrying in like a mouse, his long rats tail tucked between his legs. Hawks balked, then spotted her. He grinned, and waved, to which she simply lifted the paper four hole cupholder to him. He spotted his drink of choice among the three, and grinned wider. He pointed to himself, as if to say, For me? Y/N nodded. He gave a thumbs up, then sped off, presumable to his office.

When Y/N reached Hawk's office the hero himself opened the door. "Thanks for this, Y/N!" He said cheerily, taking a long swig of his drink. "Yo, Tokoyami! Y/N's got drinks!" From the couch, Tokoyami trudged over, taking the drink with a nod.

"You're here early," Y/N teased. The young hero shrugged.

"I live closed," He answered. He popped open the lid of his cup.

"This is black, right?"

Y/N nodded. "As dark as your soul." He rolled his eyes, but could see the small smile on his mouth (beak?). Over the past week she and Tokoyami had really bonded. Maybe it was due to the fact that he still thought she was a boy but he seemed more comfortable around her. And they started buying each other breakfast drinks. He always got her something new. It was something she looked forward to, actually.

"Alright, today's the last day of your internship, right?" Y/N nodded as she took a seat on the couch. Hawk's office was spacious, a large empty space in front of the open window behind his desk. The sunlight streamed through onto his back, making his shadow seem elongated across the white rug. "...We don't have desk duty again, right?" Tokoyami mumbled. Y/N laughed. She couldn't blame him. They spent two days out of the week confined to a desk, doing paperwork and collecting census on the residential areas. Things like number of residents per building, and such. It wasn't very interesting stuff, that's for sure. "Nope!" Hawks said. "You've got patrol! With yours truly! Don't worry, I'll hold back a bit and give you two first years some experience." He grinned. Y/N smiled back. At least... today wouldn't be that bad.

💥 💣💥 💣

"Y/N." "Hmm?" Y/N looked up from where she stood, wrapping a villian tightly with rope. She had hit him in the pressure points in his arms, legs, and necks, virtually making him paralyzed. Temporarily, of course. "Why did you join this internship? It certainly wasn't for experience, right?" He gestured around them. They had taken down a small, underground fighting ring that was dealing illegal drugs. Tokoyami was off finding the rest of their storage. Y/N laughed. "No, god no. If that was the case, I probably would have gone to the Endeavor agency. No offense, of course." Hawks held his hands up in a "surrender" position. "None taken- there's no one better than the big guy, right? Other than Allmight, of course." Hawks sobered, the playful grin dropping from his face. "But really. Why?" Y/N shrugged.

Y/N smiled, her eyes closing. "Actually, I didn't even know who you were until the day I turned in my internship form." Hawks gasped in mock offense. Y/N laughed. "It's funny, it's the day I was out with Shinso, that I figured out who you were. I'd heard of people talking about you and all, 'cause you're one of the top, top heroes of Japan. But I never saw your face. And then, I saw that poster of you. The advertisement for that one cologne?" Hawks made a strange face, as if an unpleasant memory came to mind.