Chapter 15: Coregulation

Chapter Fifteen: Coregulation

"Holy-" My eyes lit up as I looked over at Garroth, "These are amazing!"

He laughed lightly as he took another bite of one of the cinnamon rolls, his cheeks puffing out like a chipmunk as he chewed up the piece.

I giggled before tearing off another piece, following the swirl pattern, "You're crazy for eating it like that."

"Like what?" He muffled, his free hand blocking my view from his mouth.

I snorted, pointing at his roll, "You are eating it like that. Just munching into it."

Garroth rolled his eyes before he took another bite, "Fight me, Alaina."

"You wouldn't win if we fought," I said, tearing off a second piece, "Besides, it's just weird doing it like that."

"Not really? We eat food like this anyway, what's the shape got to do with it?"

"Do you eat stick foods like pretzels or something from the middle?"

"Sometimes-"

"That's even worse!" I laughed, waving my arms at him, "Why!?"

He looked so confused as he shook his head at me, "It's food! What else am I going to do with it!? Just sit there like 'hmmmmm'." He put his chin into his hand and leaned forward, "'Do I eat from this side or this side? I got it! Both at the same time!' Problem solved!"

I rolled my eyes, "Do I eat from this side or this side? Bleh blah," I sarcastically repeated as he shifted to next to me.

"Want to know a better way to eat it then?" He smirked.

I looked up at him and rose a brow, "What's that?"

His hand gently rested underneath my cinnamon hand before he suddenly shoved our hands up, the roll hitting me in the nose and mouth. I gasped, the icing sticking to my nose and lips. My eyes opened wide as my head slowly turned to him.

"You did not-"

He started laughing, seeing my face. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It was funny but now I was... sticky.

"oh yeah!?" I said, grabbing his hand to do it back to him. He held his arm still, not letting me move it. I huffed, looking at him.

He leaned his face towards me and smirked, "Ha."

My eyes narrowed before I pushed my face against his, smothering the icing from my face onto his.

"Alaina-!" He sputtered, his eyes squeezing shut as he pulled his face away. His face scrunched up and relaxed before he looked at me. His jaw had dropped in surprise as I started giggling.

He looked ridiculous: the icing on his upper cheekbone and the bridge of his nose glistened. I giggled before eating the rest of my icing-less cinnamon roll. He didn't say anything as he finished his as well.

"We match," I commented, trying to wipe the icing off my face. Smothering it on his face smothered it over mine and the globs of icing didn't exist anymore.

He looked at me before he chuckled, "I think you still have more on your face than I do."

"Hush." I giggled, wiping my fingers under my nose.