Chapter 13: Gentleman of the Knight

Chapter Thirteen- Gentleman of the Knight

My head moved back in forth in a rub for a moment before my eyes squinted at a patch of orange sunlight hitting my face. I quietly sighed, opening my eyes to see the lower level of the guard station. No one else was awake it seemed, no one around or anything else leaving a smell in the air.

I closed my eyes again, pulling my arm up to my face. My head moved slowly up and down before I opened my eyes. I shifted my head, slowly coming to as I realized where I was.

Garroth was next to me still, his head leaning against mine. His head was slightly facing the window so I couldn't tell if he was awake or not. He shifted when I moved my head up before his came up, turning to me as his eyes gently looked to me. He lightly smiled.

"Good morning," He said softly.

I yawned as I started to sit up, my hands rubbing my eyes. "Good morning..."

He chuckled as he shifted, the side of my body being taken away from his side. My head turned to see it, realizing what had happened a few hours before.

"No." I said, my lips going into a frown as I looked up at him.

He rose a brow, his face amused, "No?"

"No." I said again before leaning against the back of the couch, turning to look outside.

"No what?" He asked.

"Why move?"

"Because you're awake?" He chuckled, "I shouldn't be shoving in your space."

I shrugged, my entire body moving as I moved my shoulders up. "You're warm though. It's chilly in here."

Garroth lightly laughed, his body turning to face me as I leaned my head on my arms, looking at him.

"If you were cold, I could've grabbed a blanket." He suggested.

I shook my head, giggling, "Then when you got up it would have been even colder!"

He rolled his eyes with a laugh, "Oh?" He asked, shifting towards me.

My eyes watched his face before I smiled at him, "Yup."

"Well, next time I'll make sure to leave a blanket over here." He said with a small smile.

I giggled, "Okay then. If that ever happens."

Garroth chuckled again before he stood up, "I need to go get changed. Would you want to come with me for the changing of the guard?" He asked, his sword still hanging from his waist.

I looked up at him before I nodded, "If that's okay with you."

He lightly smiled before nodding, "That's why I asked." He said before looking around us. He smiled softly, "Go ahead and grab something to drink or eat. I'll be back down in ten, fifteen minutes."

"Alright." I said, watching him walk over to the stairs and disappear onto the second floor.

"It's seven everyone! Good morning!" I heard his voice call from upstairs. I giggled, realizing everyone else was still asleep.

My feet pulled me off the couch before I walked towards the kitchen area, grabbing a cup, and pouring water from a jug on the counter. I could hear them walking around upstairs, talking starting to erupt and greetings took over the earlier silence. I giggled softly before drinking the water, listening to everyone upstairs. My back leaned against the counter as I waited, trying to see if anyone was going to come down before Garroth. I watched the stairs, listening quietly as I waited.