As she gathered her thoughts, her Volkswagen made a terrible screech. She heard more unpleasant sounds under the hood and felt the car slowing down. To avoid an accident, Alicia turned on her blinker to exit the expressway. Near the gravel, the car stumbled to a stop.

It was just her luck that this breakdown happened when it wasn't necessary. Since the nearest Uber was too far away, Alicia had to walk to Skymotion Films.

She reached her location after seven minutes.

Upon crossing the gate, Alicia spotted a white rabbit hopping around the backyard. Then she slid off the curb while gazing at the animal and injured her arm. The adorable creature hummed and turned its head towards her left shoulder.

She loved naming animals and had a soft spot for them. "Sorry, Peppermint, but I have to go." Her arm tingled as she sat. Passing the screen test in her condition made her sigh.

"Where's your owner?" she asked the small critter.

The rabbit went straight for her leg.

"Want me to pet you?" She rose and turned toward the building. "Sorry. I have to go now."

She sped up. Pressed harder. Constantly boosting herself. When she went months without gaining a role, Alicia had to decide between the electric payment and groceries. It was the feeling of being constantly rejected, day after day, so she challenged herself. When she opened the foyer, she exhaled in relief. Three minutes late. Maybe they could understand her dreadful condition.

"Hi," she said to the desk clerk. "I'm here for a screen test for Kismet. My name is Alicia Steele."

"Lovely!" A woman with candy-pink lips and the name "Joan" on her name tag smiled wide. "Please sit; screen tests haven't started."

Was this happening? Was it her time to shine?

"May I use the restroom?" she asked, and Joan nodded.

"Sure. It's the door immediately to your right."

Despite her unkempt hair, Alicia was presentable after entering the restroom. She brushed her hair with her comb and cleaned her face to remove blood and grime. She despised that her appearance made people overlook her growing up. Her dark eyes, hair, large pink lips, and heart-shaped face were very feminine.

After cleaning herself, Alicia waited in the lobby. However, her brief contact with the rabbit resulted in an allergic reaction, causing her to scratch her nose and rub her irritated eyes. She resisted sneezing while waiting.

Then she waited...

And waited...

"Is there something wrong?" After sitting for more than half an hour, Alicia asked the desk clerk.

Joan scratched her head and mumbled, "Um..."

Then they heard a shout from down the hall just as a door opened. "Until we find her, we can't continue."

Joan's eyes went straight to the door where the yelling was coming from. "Hey, I'm not supposed to share this with anyone," she said, looking at Alicia. Her face showed that she was too happy to keep the good news to herself. "The studio has signed one of the romantic leads."