23 - WON HIM OVER.

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

THINGS HADN'T BEEN THE SAME RECENTLY.

It wasn't because of a volleyball match, nor was it because L/N was now the manager of the team. No, it was because she and her friend-turned-ex-friend was now her friend-turned-ex-friend-turned-boyfriend.

She had a boyfriend, and he was Iwaizumi Hajime, as of last night.

L/N spent the entire night screaming into her pillow, face flushed and her doing laps around her room trying to make sense of everything. Iwaizumi, the tall, muscular ace whom she had been crushing on since the start of the year, was now her official boyfriend.

No freaking way.

The first people she told were her friends from another school.

They freaked out alongside her, a video call immediately taking place as they all squealed and kicked their legs back and forth with each other (and by they, she means her, Kuroo, and Bokuto). Then, she texted her group chat with her group of girls, and they, just like the previous ones, all started squealing and kicking their legs back and forth with each other (and by they, she means her and Osi). 

Now, all that was left, was the volleyball team, and for some reason, L/N was dreading that the most.

.・゜-: ✧ :-

It was long after lunch had started. But there should still be enough time to finish everything up. Iwaizumi looked at L/N, who was squeezing his hand tight.

"You good?"

She flinched but nodded and took in a deep breath. "... Yeah. Let's go."

The doors flung open, and all attention was quickly drawn to them. A stray volleyball that Mattsun was about to slam down fell to the ground and so did he. He blinked incredulously, all eyes on them.

"... You two are official now, huh?" Makki broke the silence.

"... yes." L/N nodded, hiding her face in her free hand. "We... uhh... thought you should know."

"We know." They answered simultaneously, which kind of freaked the couple out.

Iwaizumi looked surprised, "Huh? How? I never told you."

"No, it's just that L/N's friend won't stop posting about it online." Makki pulled out his phone, scrolling down on Osi's profile to see back-to-back, dozens of posts with photos of you two (how did she even get those?) ranging from Iwaizumi holding L/N up when she jumped into his arms, to them holding hands as they walked away, even a photo of him resting his head on her shoulder with a large, goofy grin.

L/N's face went sheet white like she had seen a ghost. How did she even get that last one?! She wasn't even there??

"And you know..." Oikawa let out a long, dramatic sigh. "It took you two long enough. Like, honestly, we all made bets on how long it would take," he sighed again.

Then, started laughing wickedly, "And I won! Ahaha! Pay up, plebians!"

Grumbling, at least 5 people handed him 100 yen, Oikawa smiling coyly the entire time. "I told you! I know my Iwa-chan the best! And I know L/N-chan pretty well. Nobody else could've even gotten it!"

"You guys should've waited a week longer until you announced it," Kunimi glared, huffing. "I could've won."

"What??"