5 - FIRST FRIENDS

kawa says: cats are better than dogs!

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

IWAIZUMI WAS, IN FACT, NOT F/N'S FIRST FRIEND.

And not her only one, either. Whenever she had referred to him being her first or only friend, she (i guess you're) referring to how he is her friend or only friend in her new school.

She actually had a few friends, apart from him. Back in her home, she was on good terms with this girl. She was a big video game lover, and often, whenever F/N would go over to her house, chances were that she was either playing against or ranting about this certain player, who boiled her blood.

"Ugh, F/N, you don't get it, he's super good! It's annoying! Whenever he gets in a server with me, he always comes out first! He has to be cheating or something! He constantly gets on the global leaderboard, too!"

She would always listen and watch intently, interested in how a person could be this dedicated to a game. F/N had a mental image on how this person would look in her mind... and it wasn't too pleasant, to be frank.

Maybe one day, she would play against or even meet this strange person, but for now, she was just worried about her friend in front of her.

"How do you know he's a... well... he?"

"Cuz we argued privately once, and he got all*PC on me, and said "Uh, actually, my pronouns are he/him, get it right." Well how was I supposed to know?! With a girly name like Kodzuken, I just assumed, gawsh!"

F/N would be lying if she said she still thought about this conversation. She just thought it was a nice memory of her and a friend.

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

At the airport check-out, she was seated next to a boy with two-toned hair. He also had a red sweatshirt on, with large writing of 'Nekoma', which she presumed was the school he went to.'

She didn't plan on making conversation with him until she had stolen a glance at his phone, which had a game she recognised on it. It was the game her friend had always played, a shoot-em-up game that required a ton of skill. He was moving so gracefully for a game like that, his nimble and quick fingers making it easy to assume that he was skilled.

The ending, or victory, screen played quickly after that and showed the top three people in the game that had acquired the most kills. He was number 1 by a large margin, and his username was...

"HUh?!"

Her surprised voice made the boy jump in his seat, looking to her direction with a scowl on his face. She didn't even notice his upset expression, only staring at his phone, pointing in shock.

"You're... you're... kodzuken!!!"

"Huh...?" Now he was confused.

"You're the guy who's godly at that game!"

"I'm... what?" He covered his face with his hair and looked away. People were looking. This was getting embarrassing.

"My friend, she- she... she always talked about you!!" She said breathlessly, a shy smile creeping up her face. The boy with bleached hair squinted his eyes at you, tilting his head ever so slightly. Her japanese was broken and her accent was wrong, but he could sort of make out what she were saying. "Her name was... uh... I think it was lumonine?"

"H...uh? Lumo... oh. I know them. They were upset that I kept killing them." He said with a blank expression, eyes trailing back to his phone, which was now turned off.