18 - INTERHIGH PRELIMINARIES

ok guys. i decide that. we are following the actual storyline bc rewatching the s2 game got me lookin like gawwwddd 

there's not much iwa in this chapter but we gots to develop relationships besides him cmon guys. also no hating on my girls. leave them alone they're literally just silly teenage girls ugh

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

THINGS HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT FOR A WHILE.

L/N wasn't sure when she had started noticing that she had been walking home alone. It wasn't like it came out of nowhere - she had actually been told by Iwaizumi himself that he would be more busy training and practising than usual.

She was confused, on why exactly, but soon figured out that they had...

"Interhigh Preliminaries?" L/N scrunched her face up, looking at her friend in confusion. "What's that?"

She was back with the girls in her class that she was friends with, now that she wouldn't be eating with Iwaizumi and sometimes Oikawa, she was glad to have these girls around.

A girl with blonde hair tied into a plait shrugged her shoulders, resting her head on her folded legs. Her name was Gigi. While the rest of the girls sat on a bench, she insisted on sitting on the ground, for whatever odd reason. "I'm friends with a girl on the girl's volleyball team... and I'm pretty sure they're like, competitions between the school's teams. The girl's one is before the guy's, but we already lost to another team."

L/N's mouth formed into an o shape, as the information slowly sunk in. Actually, she was sure that she had heard her friend talking about something like this before... she just couldn't remember when.

"F/N! I totally thought you would know what it is." The girl with pigtails who had a fat crush on Oikawa pouted at you, leaning closer and staring. I think her name is... Osi... L/N thought. "I mean... you hang around that boy so much, he's so volleyball-obsessed that I can't help but think he must have mentioned it at least once."

A frown formed on her lips. "He's not obsessed. He just likes it. But... I'm not sure. Maybe he had, but I'm not that good with terminology."

"Oh yeah! They don't even have a manager, right?" Auyumi, a girl with grey hair and glasses perked up, smiling at her kindly. Out of all the girls, L/N thought her to be the nicest. "You still haven't decided on a club yet, right? Why don't you sign up to be their manager? I mean... it isn't easy, because of how popular Oikawa-san is, but since you're already friends with them, they should totally let you in."

Gigi grinned up at her, giving L/N a thumbs up. "Yeah! I'm pretty sure Osi here tried to sign up last year, but was totally denied because she knew absolutely nothing about it!"

Osi's face flushed red and she started smacking Gigi, "Shut up! What's so bad about me wanting to get closer to a guy, huh?! You're acting like you don't have a crush on that- mph!"

Hands flew over her mouth, and a girl with bright purple hair stood behind the pigtailed girl. "Shush. You're going to give away her secret."

"And you're going to make her run out of air!" Auyumi said worriedly, springing out of her seat and prying the tan hands away from Osi's mouth, who let out a heavy breath.

The girl with purple hair, L/N was pretty sure she was Yusa, took a seat beside her and leaned back, rolling her black eyes. "Whatever. Hey, L/N. Have you decided what club you're going to join? I'm pretty sure the deadline is soon."

L/N thought for a moment. "I'm not sure. Maybe... art?" She scratched her chin and gave a shy smile. Yusa snorted.

"Okay, sure. But if you decide art isn't actually for you, you're always welcome in the girl's basketball team. We're always looking for more players." She gave a kind smile.