extra; what he truly wants

kawa says: dont be so honry!!!

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

IWAIZUMI LEANS CLOSER TO HER, giving her a bright smile. She reciprocates, leaning closer to him, but not enough for it to be actually noticeable. You see, at the beginning, she was at least 3 seats away, but closer so slowly that it wasn't noticeable until you actually looked. Even the volleyball players did a double take when looking at the two, at how close they had suddenly gotten.

Watching as the team the girl was personally rooting for scored another point, though not in the lead yet, she cheered. L/N turned to her friend, a smile adorning her pretty lips. "Thank you for taking me here, Iwaizumi-san! I was totally excited when you asked me. It's a shame Oikawa-san couldn't come!"

"Yeah...a total shame," Iwaizumi trailed off, keeping the fact he literally pried the tickets out of the pretty boy's hands to keep him from going. "I'm actually happy you came with me instead."

"Oh, really?" She turned to him, surprised and placed her hands on her lap while speaking ever so earnestly, "I thought you were getting bored. I don't really know much about volleyball, so I'd see why."

A small laugh spilled from her lips, and she covered her mouth with her hand. "I mean, you weren't even looking at the game for half the time!"

Wide-eyed, the man she was with turned away. Shit. Did you notice? He didn't mean to look away so many times. He didn't mean to look at you.

"Oh, wha..? No..no way, haha." Nervous, awkward laughter escaped his mouth like a broken record, one that made the girl next to him wince and smile back just as awkwardly, before turning away.

Now you've gone and done it, Hajime, he thinks with a sour scowl. Glaring at the poor soul who was trying to get into the seat beside him, he leans back into his seat and pulls his hoodie-jacket-sweater-shirt-thing down and stares at the game silently. Boredly.

He had received two tickets from a mutual acquaintance of his, who had recently moved out of state and didn't have time, but also didn't want to waste perfectly good tickets. They gave Iwaizumi the tickets and told him to 'go with someone special'.

The first person to mind.

"Go!!" He watches as she stands up and waves her hands around wildly as if the pro team could hear her over the crowd.

An involuntary soft smile spread across his lips and he suddenly forgets what thoughts he had about ruining this or even regretting it because he really didn't. Even if he could've gone with his mom, or Oikawa, he wouldn't have had it any other way. Seeing L/N so excited made up for the lack of good seats, and he would sacrifice a million front-row seat for her smile.

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

The two friends mutually decided to go get some fast food after the game, so now they were carrying a box of chips and two drinks, not to mention ice cream. Maybe L/N had sacrificed her cheat day for him, but she couldn't care less.

Starved, the girl stuffs food into her mouth and sighs in happiness when the familiar, childhood taste of fries spill onto her tastebuds. "I missed this...!"

"Haha, cheat day?" Iwaizumi smiles, as if he didn't have flavouring covering his lips.

"...not technically." She shrugs, sending him that stupidly perfect grin before pigging out once more.