16 - THE SOFTEST TEACHER FOR HER

kawa says: mac demarco songs are my spirit animal

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

"ARE YOU SURE?"

L/N asked in concern. Did Iwaizumi know what he was getting himself into? She was a baby in knowledge about a sport like volleyball; she had only ever played with some of her cousins at the beach when she was young. While he was playing it intensely with other people who also played it intensely. 

Her main concern wasn't if she wasn't able to keep up, but rather if she would make him frustrated or even worse,, disappointed.

"You'll be good, trust me." His boyish grin almost instantly melted all her worries away, and she feels like melting into a puddle on the floor.

"Ah... okay... if you say so... Iwaizumi-san..." She said slowly, looking to the floor. "So... what do we start with?"

He picked up a volleyball, tossing it up and down a few times to determine if it was okay. Once he was satisfied with the quality, he held onto it tightly. "How about we start with serves? Those are a starter sort of thing."

Iwaizumi handed her the ball gently, then jogged over to the other side of the court behind the net. He called out to her, "Just hit the ball with your hands connected like this."

He emphasises his hand gesture, showing her how to do it properly. L/N nodded and sucked in a breath, "Okay, I'm going to do it."

She throws up the ball slowly, moving to connect her hands, but she was too slow, as the ball hit the floor as soon as she got into the right position. 

Her face flushed up, bending down to pick up the ball as Iwaizumi let out a small chuckle, walking up to the net. "It's okay, don't worry. You'll get the hang of it, don't worry."

He walks back, resting his hands on his thighs. "Try again."

She nodded, sucking in a deep breath. "O...okay. I'll do it." She tossed up the ball a bit higher this time, connecting her hands quickly enough this time, but ended up missing the ball entirely. Once again, her cheeks flushed pink and she quickly picked up the ball, not daring to look at him.

Iwaizumi ducked beneath the net and walked over to L/N, placing a hand on her shoulder and smiling as comforting as he could. "Don't get too upset over this, it's okay. Don't worry. Here, I'll show you the right hand movement..."

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

The rest of the Aoba Johsai volleyball team was watching (unnoticed) from the sidelines. Oikawa looked down at the two high schoolers and wipes an imaginary tear from his eye. "This is so sappy! I can't watch!"

"Then don't." Matsukawa retorted, smirking smugly.

"Dude... I seriously can't stand this." Hanamaki folded his arms and leaned back in his chair. "It's actually insulting. Iwaizumi's usually so rough and strict with us... but as soon as it comes to L/N, he becomes an all-forgiving teacher."

"Can't blame him," Yahaba said, leaning forward and wallowing in his pity. "If a cute girl asked me to teach her how to play, I would totally be soft on her too... Iwaizumi's just like the rest of us."

"But look at them!" Oikawa pointed at both Iwaizumi and L/N, who were now even closer than before. Iwaizumi seemed to be teaching her how to set, his hands guiding her wrists and placing his thumbs over her hands.

"He went for a hands-on approach..." Kindaichi exclaimed in shock, gripping the rail of the stands. "What a smart move... I guess even somebody like Iwaizumi-san can fall victim to his desires...."