24 - THE LEAD UP

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

L/N WALKED THROUGH THE HALLS OF THE SCHOOL. She hummed to herself as she started to walk to the gym, as always, going to her meagre, managerial duties.

Until she saw someone standing in front of the doors. He looked angry; scratch that, insanely mad. His eyes were slanted downwards and he looked like a tennis ball. Since he was standing in front of the doors, she couldn't get in. With shaky breaths, she tapped the boy's shoulder, recoiling back in sheer fear.

"Uh... uh... excuse me...!" She spluttered out nervously, her hands fiddling with the hems of her sleeve. She nearly crawled out of her skin when he turned around, the angry glare now directed to what seemed like, her soul.

The boy only huffed and a sound that almost sounded like a growl. He walked beside her, then cautiously patted her shoulder for a split second. "Grow some balls."

'Excuse me?!'

Her face went paper white, jaw dropped wide open as she stared at his retreating figure, absolutely speechless. After a few seconds, she looked back, only to see he was nowhere and left no trace he was ever there. L/N let out a heavy sigh, now flinging open the doors.

"Hey L/N!" Hanamaki called out to you, looking over to Iwaizumi who now looked as if he was gonna set the pink-head on fire. "I think Iwaaaa wants to ask you something!" He laughed, cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Shut your mouth, Makki!"

Iwaizumi yelled, face turning red. He soon walked up to her, averting his eyes to the now ever-so-interesting floor. "Do you... maybe wanna go to the festival with me...?"

Ah, the festival. Later today lots of people annually set up a massive festival with candy, games and rides. They also set up a circus. It was like a smaller version of an amusement park, except it was run by locals.

One thing you didn't expect was for Iwaizumi to ask you to go with him so late. But really, you didn't think he'd ask you at all. Just you two... walking through crowds hand-in-hand...

This sounded a lot like one of her manga when Toritsu had to hold onto Uiyiko's hand throughout the date at a festival, just like the one they were going to. But theirs was a date...

IS THIS A DATE?

And even so, during their date, Toritsu almost lost Uiyiko, and when he found her, he pulled her into a hug and slowly kissed her and even through the crowd, they felt like they were the only people there!

L/N's face flushed up at the thought. Sure, they were technically dating now, but they hadn't kissed yet! Her eyes looked around desperately, the staring from his teammates not helping ease her nerves. And then, she blurted out something really, really dumb.

"Is everyone going too?! If so, I'll totally come!"

"Wait isn't this a d-"

"Sure we are!" Matsukawa covered Oikawa's mouth, forcing him to shut up.

"Right... so that means you'll come with us?" Iwaizumi said, not letting his disappointment seep through his words. Really, he was hoping it'd just be the two of them, but if she felt uncomfortable being alone with him (even if they were dating), then he wouldn't say anything.

"Sure!" L/N answered, smiling so they wouldn't be able to see her literally about to burst into tears from how much she hated herself right that moment.

ARE YOU STUPID? ARE YOU GENUINELY STUPID???

"I'm not goin-" Kunimi started, face blank, but Kindaichi elbowed him, causing the shorter boy to glare.

"C'mon, it'll be fun."

"I don't like fun."

"I'll pay for your food?" Kindaichi offered, a nervous grin on his face.

"Deal." Kunimi looked him dead in the eye, kinda freaking the other boy out.

"I'm so sorry everyone, I can't attend because of family issues," Watari said, frowning. Yahaba agreed, saying that he needed to go to an event later today.

"Oh well, stay safe guys!" Oikawa said cheerfully. 'Well, that's two fewer people out of the way. For the others, Kindaichi will always listen to me and will drag Kunimi along with him. I'm sure I could convince Makki and Mattsun in some way. Maybe the promise of free food or an extra day free from training~! Then, I'll hide and make sure they get alone together so one of them finally grows a pair and kiss!'

The pretty boy laughed to himself. 'I'm such a great best friend!'

"What're you laughing at, Shittykawa?!" A hard glare from Iwaizumi.

"Nothing! And hey, don't call me that!"

.・゜-: ✧ :- 

"Auyumi-chan!" Osi yelled out, her hair flying behind her as she crashed into the silver-haired girl, who screamed in surprise at the sudden weight on her back.

"Osi!" She turned around and pushed up her rounded glasses, hands on the small girl's shoulders to stop her from running into her any further, "What are you doing?!"

She huffed, panting and trying to catch her breath, "F/N-chan! She... she's going on a date with her boyfriend! We need to help... Oikawa-san get them alone!"

"Seriously?" Gigi peeked over Auyumi's shoulder and stared at Osi, amused. "If it's a date, why aren't they going alone?"

"Because F/N is a huge dummy and implied she didn't want to be alone with him even though she totally does and is just nervous because they haven't kissed and oh my god-!!!" Osi rambled as fast as her mouth would move.

Yusa slapped a hand on Osi's back, laughing boisterously, "Alright! So all we gotta do is get those volleyball boys away from them and get them to kiss?"

"Yes!" Osi grabbed the girl with dyed hair's hands, nodding her head repeatedly. "And Oikawa-san asked us personally! We totally need to help him!"

"Sure, Osi..." Auyumi smiled nervously, hands held behind her back. "Do you have any idea what we should even do to help?"

"Oh, he drew out a plan!" She pulled out a comically large piece of paper out off her messenger bag, one that had a huge mindmap with an absurd amount of bubbles sticking out of it, and more than a handful of drawings that seemed to be of the volleyball members, based on their hair and eyes.

"Are you kidding?" Gigi tore the paper in half, which made Osi scream in shock, looking at the tall girl in despair.

"Oikawa-san's plan!!!"

"We don't need to follow this garbage," she scrunched the halves' into a ball, and tossed it behind her. She smiled coyly, leaning on a desk behind her and tilting her head. "All we gotta do... is get the players away, and they'll naturally gravitate towards each other."

"Because they're so in love!" Osi squealed, face flushing red.

"Because," Gigi corrected, a finger stuck on Osi's mouth, "They're naturally drawn to each other."

.・゜-: ✧ :-