Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme

Começar do início

"We were about to set off to the Endless Vearth together. You don't have to get so blood-thirsty, you know." Eneru starts to chide Zoro's behavior as if he didn't just seriously harm two people here.

"Who said we're coming with you?" Zoro retorted, repositioning his swords before charging again. "I don't care about your so-called 'dream-world'!!"

"Zoro! You can't hit him!" I shout in warning, but it was already too late.

"Until I teach your body a lesson, you probably won't understand the definition of god." Eneru claims, falling off the building he was on to meet Zoro at the bottom.

Zoro sliced both swords on Eneru's torso, slicing the large building behind him into large pieces, but it was useless as Eneru was lightning itself.

"God has an overwhelming power that could never be matched, no matter how hard you struggle. And then you feel it. Despair." Eneru reappeared, holding each of Zoro's blades with his bare hands. "Having all your hope dashed is the same as death itself."

His electricity then traveled through Zoro's blades to the swordsman himself, making him shout out in pain before falling to his knees. Eneru then smashed his foot on Zoro's head, pushing him into the ground.

"Zoro!" I call before running over myself. Focus everything I have into the one shot. I need to activate my haki. I'm terrible at calling it, but I know I can. I sent a right hook at Eneru, and my knuckles converted into the black substance before meeting his cheek, making him take a few steps back.

Seeing that Eneru was open, Wyper made his move. He dropped the gun and closed the distance between them. He placed his palm onto Eneru's chest and wrapped his legs around his torso to keep him from escaping.

"Did you come to die?" Eneru questioned before realizing he couldn't escape.

"Are you familiar with a thing called 'Sea Prism Stone', Eneru?" Wyper questioned the blonde.

I grab Zoro before quickly dragging him next to Robin. I then stand in front of the two of them, protectively.

"I see...I feel weakened." Eneru admitted normally.

"Die" Wyper commanded.

"You shouldn't. It's a Reject. Your body will pay a heavy price as well!" Eneru tried to convince the warrior through rationale.

"Shut up! I'm happy to die if I can take you with me!" The determined warrior declared. "REJECT!"

Eneru slumped onto the ground and Wyper stood up, acting unfazed.

"Did he beat him?" I hear Nami question behind me.

"I won't count him out just yet, Nami. But for now, he's down."

"Yeah, I doubt he's down yet." I heard Zoro state beside me, sitting up.

"How you feelin' Greenie? Energized?" I jokingly ask only to receive a half hearted glare.

The peace didn't last long before a lightning show started to appear around Eneru.

"He's compressing his own heart?!" Nami questions the ridiculousness of the situation.

"Now I understand why Robin called it one of the invincible powers. It sounds quite useful." I comment while starting to get some ideas.

"Don't tell me.." Zoro trails off after hearing my comments about Eneru's devil fruit. What? You can't blame me for wanting that ability. It would be useful with my doctoring practices. I would have a built in heart defibrillator. Talk about useful!

Eneru then rose off the ground, standing back up. As he did so, Wyper fell to his knees as his wounds started to take their toll on him.

"It's not that people fear god." Eneru starts to say, wiping a small trace of blood off his mouth. "Fear itself is god." He looked at the kneeling man in front of him. "Warrior Wyper. I told you, didn't I? That you shouldn't."