The two were quiet for a few minutes before Andrews spoke again. "You know, I had this stupid idea that after graduation, instead of going to college, we'd both move to New York. You were this writer, and I'd be this musician. We'd both live in, like, the East Village or something. Just doing our thing."

Jughead chuckled. "Pretty sure the East Village doesn't exist anymore. Where are Betty and Veronica in this scenario?"

"They're roommates on Park Avenue," Andrews replied."No, but seriously, you stay on this path, Jughead, you're gonna end up in jail. Or maybe worse than jail."

Before Jughead could reply, there was a loud popping sound and I shot up as Andrews steered the truck to the side of the road.

"It's okay, I think we just blew a tire," Jughead said, placing a hand on my shoulder. We all climbed out, Jughead pacing while Andrews inspected the damage.

"And of course, I don't have a friggin' spare." Andrews said. "We're gonna have to call Triple C."

I shook my head at Jughead. "Do you realize how important it is to get this done by midnight? We don't have time to wait for Triple C. And you," I said, turning to Andrews. "You have a truck full of tools but no spare tire?"

"We have the crate in the back, we can't call them," Jughead protested. "No, no. Let's call Betty. She can bring us a tire."

"Are you crazy? No, Betty is not an option. I am not letting you drag her into this mess," Andrews said. For once, I agreed with him. We didn't need anyone else involved, and knowing her, she'd have the two boys prying open the crate in no time.

"You're right," Jughead agreed. "Kevin! He's got a truck. Let's call him."

I faintly heard the line ringing behind me as I waved my arms in the air, signaling the truck coming down the road. The driver laid on the horn as he pulled off onto the side of the road in front of us.

"Okay, play it cool," Jughead whispered to us.

"Having some car trouble?" the driver asked, climbing out of his truck.

"Yeah, we need a spare, Or a ride to Greendale if you can help," Jughead said over Archie's decline for help. I stayed silent, getting a weird feeling from the guy.

"Uh, no spare, but I'm passing through Greendale," the driver said, looking the three of us over. "What's in the crate?"

"Pancake mix," Jughead said.

The driver looked us over again. "Well, I can take you, but it's going to cost you. How much cash you got?"

"Eighteen dollars," Jughead said without hesitation.

"I only got room for one of you," the man said.

The three of us huddled together, talking quietly. "It's gotta be you, Jug," I said.

Andrews looked between us, eyes wide. "You're not seriously gonna go with this guy alone, are you?"

"We don't really have any other choices," Jughead said.

"Hey, we doing this or not?" the driver called out impatiently.

"Yeah, yes we are," Jughead said, turning back to him. "Me and the crate." He turned back to us quickly. "Just stay with your dad's truck. Hey' you've come this far. We're all good, okay? And Abigail, please don't kill him, no matter how much he irritates you."

"I make no promises," I said with a grin before dropping my voice. "Keep your blade close, I don't trust this guy."

Jughead nodded before he and Andrews moved the crate over to the other truck, earning a sharp warning from the driver to not look under the tarp.