Chapter 16

"What are we doing here, Tall Boy?" I asked, following him into the house. "Wait, is this Ghoulie territory?" I peeked into the rooms we passed, a full-on Jingle Jangle lab.

"Relax, Babygirl, they won't mess with us," he replied. "Penny decided that since you're laying low for right now, you should see how well the business is doing."

"Why? I'm doing what I have to to protect myself, not promote this," I snapped, waving my hand towards the pile of sticks ready for sale.

"You're all the way in this, like it or not."

I glared at him, knowing I didn't have a choice. "I still don't see the point in bringing me here."

"Because if he didn't, you'd never come to see me," Malachai said.

I held back a groan. "I'd have been perfectly happy to keep it that way."

"Aw, don't be like that Doll," he whined. "Me and the boys have missed you."

Before I could reply, someone stormed down the hall towards us. "Me and my boy want to challenge you all to a race," Jughead told Malachai, Andrews standing nervously behind him. "Wait, Abigail? What are you doing here?" he asked, finally noticing me standing there.

"We go way back," Malachai smirked, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"Don't touch me, asshole" I said, shoving him off.

"Come on, Doll, that's not what you said last time," he teased.

"Shut it, Malachai," I hissed. "What's this about a race?" I asked, turning to Jughead.

"If we win, Serpents remain autonomous and Ghoulies quit dealing at Southside High," he answered. Not the answer I was looking for, but I get the information I wanted from him later. Along with why he wasn't surprised to see Tall Boy here.

"And if we win?" Malachai asked.

Jughead glanced back at Andrews who gave him a small nod. "We fold, and you continue polluting the Southside with your little straws of death.

"So, the mighty Serpent Prince has some stones, but not much else. So unless your Highness wants to put some of Daddy's territory out on the table, I got no reason to agree to this race," Malachai said.

I raised an eyebrow, looking at Jughead. "I'm sorry, but when did you get the authority to make decisions like this for the Serpents?"

"I, uh..." Jughead stammered, at a loss for words. He knew I was right.

"Maybe if you came by the Wyrm once in a while, you'd know that Babygirl here is the Serpent Princess," Tall Boy said. "Your dad might be King, but he's not here right now. You're outranked." I crossed my arms, daring Jughead to deny it.

We all turned at the sound of several people coming in the door. "They were following me, tried to get in the garage," a Ghoulie panted.

"Veronica? Betty? Jughead? Archie? What are you doing here?" they asked together.

"Great, more Northsiders," I muttered, rolling my eyes. "Why don't we just make it a fucking party?"

"Wait, so these are your bitches?" Malachai asked.

"I beg your misogynistic pardon," the rich girl, Veronica, said. I smiled to myself, making note of the fact that Veronica Lodge, only daughter of Hiram Lodge, was

"Why don't you take your skanks and get the hell out of here," Malachai ordered. "Until you make me a better offer, there'll be no race."

"I'll make sure they leave," I said, a hand tight on Jugheads and Andrew's shoulders.