Chapter 14

"Abigail, we've gotta warn the others!"

"Calm down, Fangs," I said, grabbing his arms. "What's going on?"

"Shit, we gotta go," Diamond said, leaning over the rail. "It's a raid."

Fangs nodded frantically. "And they're targeting Serpents."

"Serpents, scatter!" I shouted, taking off down the hall. "You two, down those halls. Get everyone out of here," I ordered. I didn't know why we were the targets, but I wasn't about to let my boys get arrested for no reason again. I continued the way I was going, joining the rest of the gang as we pushed towards the back stairs.

Suddenly we were pushed back the way we came. "Pigs on the stairs!" I heard someone shout, the words repeated by others.

"This way," I motioned for everyone to follow. Cops were coming from the other end of the hall now, so I led my small group down a side hall. "The room at the end has a fire escape, we can take that," there's no way it'll be blocked." We were halfway there when we froze. At the end of the hall was a line of police, making their way towards us. We turned again, intending to go down another hall when someone grabbed my arm, pulling me back. I wasn't about to go easily.

I pushed myself back, catching the cop holding me off-guard as my head slammed into his face. He released me as he stumbled backwards, thrown off-balance and I took my chance to run forward, pushing the few remaining free Serpents ahead of me. "Go! Get out of here!" I shouted at them as we struggled to move ahead. The police tried to block us, but we had the advantage. They were in the middle of detaining others and couldn't move far.

"Requesting backup, second floor, left wing."

I glanced behind me as we ran through a clear space, catching sight of more uniforms. "How else can we get out of here?" I asked.

"We can't, unless you wanna jump," Fangs said, appearing beside me along with a few more Serpents.

"Hands up! All of you!" I spun around , the voice right behind me.

"We're surrounded, Babygirl. Do we fight? What do we do?" I heard the serpents asking, talking over one another.

"Stand down," I ordered, glaring at the rows of pigs in front of me. "It'll be worse for us if we resist," I said. I really did want to let them go at it, but that small part of me that was still thought logically when I was angry wouldn't let me. But it wasn't enough for me to make it easy.

The cops stepped forward as we raised our arms. We were pulled apart one by one, each of us pushed roughly against the wall, zip ties tightened around our wrists before we were dragged away. Maybe because I'd been giving the orders, I was escorted by two officers, one holding each arm.

The ride to the station was quiet, and after being patted down and our things zipped into bags we were packed into various cells. "What do we do, Babygirl? Do we go along with whatever they accuse us of?" Brett asked.

"All of you, shut up, I'm trying to listen," I hissed, moving closer to the bars.

Down the hall, Keller was talking with a few of his officers. "How do you wanna do this? Some came along without a fight and we didn't find anything on them. But we've got a long list of those with drug paraphernalia, weapons, and resisting arrest.

"Let's let them sit for a while, except those that were clean. Release them," Keller said. "And pull their files. I want to look them over before we start processing."

I glared at their backs as they walked off. "Anything?" Brett asked, still beside me. At least he'd stayed quiet. I ignored him, pressing against the bars. They'd known what they were doing, lining us up in cells side-by-side so we couldn't see who was where, cutting off any easy communication.