The News

I'm waiting for Pete to bring it up, I'm too much of a coward to confront after all I did. He would ask me this and that, fed me 3 times a day. I had a plaster on my right hand. I thought probably it's broken, later he said I had a fracture on my right hand and a broken rib. That person almost took me out.. jeez.

I'm more scared about what Pete's thinking. Right now, I can't even dare to ask for his love. I'm not in a place to ask. I've lost everything. The power that I had, the authority that defined the name Vegas, and everything. What can I offer him?

On the other side, more than anything, I want him to be happy. That's not going to happen if he stays here like this. So, we need to talk.

Next evening, I was sitting on the bed, leaning back. Waiting for him. I don't know where the fuck he is, and I've been waiting for hours why the heck he's taking so long-

Pete entered the room and stopped looking at me.

"When did you wake up?"

He put down the bags, I guess those are takeouts. I watched him closing the blinds on the window on the front wall.

"....Where were you?" He turned around and smiled at me. I felt weird in my chest. Hell, I don't want to.... No, I can't live without this guy.

"I went to get some snacks.. Macau will be staying here tonight...staying up late working on his assignment..." He sat on the bed in front of me. I looked down at my hands. Am I that coward?

"Why..Why are you....uh.." I don't really have the courage to talk about it while looking at those doe eyes. "...Why are you still here?"

"...huh?" I still didn't look at him, but I wanna see his expression. Why's he so damn silent? I started to fidget.

Pete POV________________________________

Those days passed like a prayer that I've been doing, at last came true. Vegas is recovering so well, I think he'd be able to walk soon. I was so excited.

I don't even know when I started to vision a future alongside him. While I was busy subconsciously imagining what the future might be.. and He asks me this shitload of a unexpected question. What a joke.

"Why are you still here?"

That question hit me in a place I'm already wounded. If anything, He should be confessing to me properly. I frawned at him confused about what Vegas really meant.

"...huh?"  Didn't you confessed your feelings to me Vegas? You didn't lie did me, right? I saw it in your eyes. Then something snapped in my head.

That day, back at the Main Family House... Were you really... just....... distracting me?

Now that I notice it, he was looking down, clearly avoiding my eyes. I could see his thoughts are scattered around to think straight. Fuck Vegas!

"What do you mean by that Vegas? Do I run off to somewhere? Where? You should have been clear if you didn't want me back.." I stood up and took a step back, not taking off my eyes of him. "I was just here, I believed your words like an idiot I think- I thought this is where I belonged to and you-"

"Y-You- ......Pete?"

_____________________________________
Third person POV

Vegas was literally fidgeting in nervousness, he felt like he's sweating even from his insides. What the fuck is this feeling? I felt like I'm blabbering nonsense as I asked him the reason why's he here. Shit.