meeting

Safe House

The sizzling sound caught Vegas off guard as he poured the chopped onions into the heated up oil on the frypan. He blinked at the onions for a moment and downed the temperature. Vegas thought it'd be easy to handle since the YouTube goes too fast to cope up with.

This is literal bullshit.

Vegas exhaled deeply trying to calm himself down, it's almost his second nature to look for a way out whenever he's uneasy.

Stop it Vegas, don't be a meathead. He chuckled at his own thoughts.

Of course, he never did it before. It was surprising enough that he's here trying to make a decent lunch. He remembers Pete wanted to eat rice and curry- didn't he? He'll be happy to see.... Vegas frawned while stirring the onions with the vegetables he poured a bit ago. He couldn't understand what made things different between him and that guy he locked up. He never even spared Pete a second thought before.

"D-Did he poisoned the noodle....?"

He smiled again. Such a stupid.

Vegas doesn't know why he feels comforted just at the thought of him. Last night, is it because of last night? He tried to arrange his thoughts as he poured the chicken, His.. why's his heat cycle so short...?

Of course of all things that happened to come to my brain.

But he's been with countless omegas and a fair share of beta and even Alphas as well. So it's normal for Vegas to be confused about it.
As a bodyguard, Pete should've been under suppression, but that'll only lead him to an elongated heat when he stops taking medicines. Vegas couldn't find a right answer. These thoughts were going around his head till he was done cooking.

whatever. Vegas plated the rice with the curry to take it to Pete.

"What the heck are you doing?" He turned around at once hearing that voice.

"Pa-" Kan didn't let him speak further and threw the plate from his hand. The food that Vegas cooked with his own hands, scattered everywhere on the floor in front of him.

"I told you to secure the deal and you here- " Kan fumed and his nostrils flared while talking. Vegas just clenched his jaws.

"What does that has to do with it? I'm doing what I can from here-" Vegas frawned at his father with his fists clenched. "What do you want me to do now?"

"Whenever I think you can't disappoint me more, you prove me wrong." Kan looked at Vegas with all the distaste one could have over anyone. "I wish I didn't have a son like you" Vegas's blood started to run faster. That man's always like that, hitting where it hurts. He decided to talk this time.

"Do you think either one of us wants you as our father?"

Neither of us, not me not Macau, not.. Vegas wishes they rather had no father than him. She was right after all. Kan stopped in his tracks and turned around to imprint another slap on his face. Vegas didn't look up at his face. He might throw up if he did.

"You're just like your mother, always after useless things."

He stormed out of the house. Vegas stood there like that for a few seconds, then went to the counter threw everything off of it and let out a scream of frustration. It didn't help. It doesn't help anymore lately.

How.. How dare he bring up our mother..

"K-Khun- Vegas..." Nop took a step back as Vegas turned around to look at him. "T-The goldmine dealers... they're on the way here..."  He tried to process what Nop said.