𝐗𝐕𝐈

you're in the wind,
i'm in the water
nobody's son,
nobody's daughter

[Lana del Rey "Chemtrails Over the Country Club"]

"i gotta a feeling,
that tonight's gonna be a good night
that tonight's gonna be a good good night."

"damn!"
selene said over the loud music as they both slammed the umpteenth tequila shot on the table.

they had organised a party at eleanor's to celebrate her graduation, and the theme was the great gatsby, which meant that they were all wearing these ridiculous yet beautiful period costumes. the celebrations had been going on for a couple days and they would culminate with that day's extravagant party.

"alright, let's dance!"
those slurred words reached the blond's ears a few seconds later and it took her another couple of seconds to elaborate what her best friend had just said to her. they were both drunk, the amount of alcohol they had drank was just too much to count, not to mention what they had smoked.

eleanor dragged selene to the middle of the dance floor, as they swayed their hips following the rhythm and laughed with no reason at all, they heard the doorbell ring. the music kept going and some didn't even notice, but other people turned their heads to the source of the noise, frown characterising each and every face.

"who the hell rings at a party? bring your ass in here!"
yelled eleanor behind the door before slamming it open and revealing angelina jolie with a bemused expression on her face. she scanned her face before taking an attentive look of the house behind her figure, she widened her eyes at the realisation.

"oh mummy dearest has paid me a visit! how sweet. please make yourself at home, your majesty."
eleanor performed a rather exaggerated curtesy, angelina had to take a deep breath and gather all her patience.

it's gonna be a long night.

the eldest woman between the two stepped inside the house, she analysed her surroundings and scoffed as she saw people smoking the pot, other ones basically thrusting their hips together as they danced, and she could have sworn she had seen another one outside emptying their entire stomach in the garden.

"okay everybody the party's over, nice having you over. drive safe!"
she screamed as she turned down the volume of the music, most people scoffed annoyedly while angelina guided them outside, they were so drunk or high that they didn't even realise who she actually was and it was better that way.

"party pooper."
eleanor complained as she blew her raspberries and held her thumb down.

"how about we get you to bed and we'll talk when you wake up?"
angelina understood that she was in no decent condition to hold a proper conversation between two adults.

"sounds pretty nice your majesty."
she laughed readily at her own remark, angelina rolled her eyes before she warily cupped her cheeks as she analysed her face, worried about what she could have taken.

"your eyes are bloodshot and your pupils are dilated."

"damn, are you a doctor?"

"no, but my five senses are still functioning to notice the signs. you've used." angelina's tone was now more stern and low rather than condescending and soft like before.