𝐈𝐕

angelina was sitting by the pool with her feet dipped into the cold water which was somehow helping her relax and think. her only thought since she received a certain letter was her long lost daughter, she was amazed by the amount of time she spent just thinking about her.

after eleanor had dozed off to sleep she wandered through her apartment as she tried to learn more about her daughter, knowing that she certainly wasn't the kind of person who would open up soon, or at all.

the entire place was decorated with millions of framed pictures of her loved ones. she found some with friends she had made during her exchange year in italy, some of her trips, some with who she supposed were her parents, some with a certain blond who seemed around eleanor's age, and one which left her quite curious.

it showed eleanor and a taller man, long blond hair and sparkling blue eyes, dancing as their hands were all over each other. she wondered if that was her boyfriend or something.

"mommy!"
her reverie had suddenly been interrupted by vivienne calling her as she approached the pool.

"hey sweetie, what's up?"
she asked as she patted the spot next to hers.

"is ellie coming back any soon?"

"i have no idea baby, why?"
she thought of how unpredictable eleanor could be and couldn't even guess what her next move could be, if there would be any.

"i wanna hear her stories! she seemed kind."

"oh well, she can be, especially if you haven't given up on her. you've got a bit of advantage, compared to me."
angelina sadly smiled at her daughter who looked at her worriedly.

"why do you say so mommy?"

"i did a terrible thing back when i was young which i regret terribly now, and i don't know if she'll ever forgive me for it," she sighed heavily and ducked her head down, staring at the crystal clear water shimmering under the rays of sunshine.

"of course she will! ellie is kind and if you show her how much you love her and that you would do anything to have her back, then she'll forgive you."

"that's great advice, thank you baby."
vivienne snuggled up closer to her mother's warm body and angelina placed a kiss on her cheek.

ˏˋ°•*

"it's nerve wrecking."
commented amanda, one of the graduates who was following the jolie-pitt affair.

all the attorneys in charge of the biggest case of the moment where gathered around a glass table as they studied all the evidence and found a winning strategy. eleanor was particularly keen on doing an immaculate job with this case. she was gonna get angelina a victory and there was no question about that.

"i know it's complicated but you are the best lawyers in the business, we can figure out something."

"i have an idea."
eleanor stood up as if she just had a master stroke. the eldest attorney nodded his head, giving her permission to continue.

"step 1: discredit the defendant. we dig into mr. pitt past as well as present to prove that he has issues with alcohol which led to the abuse ms. jolie talked about. we'll make him crack under the wary eyes of the jury so that they'll see what kind of man he truly is.
step 2: we cross ms. jolie at the bar, we'll make her talk about their marriage, the abuse, and everything . . until she'll recall all the violence towards her and her eldest, so she'll cry. she's an a-list actress i'm sure she can even pretend.
step 3: we drag this divorce for at least another year so that their eldest, mr. maddox jolie-pitt, will be able to take the stand in favour of his mother and testify that he wants to live with her."