𝐈𝐈

after a few days from that letter, that bravely enough eleanor decided to send, she received a message from an unknown number. she soon found out that it was actually angelina jolie writing, asking her how she was and if she were free to meet her. she also added her address, which left her shocked at first then eleanor warmed up at the idea of meeting in her abode right after work.

she was very nervous about what was gonna be next and whenever she felt nervous she lighted up a cigarette.
eleanor had parked her car right in front the entrance of the enormous mansion, she stared at it for quite some time with her eyes narrowed. she would repeat to herself that she was courageous enough to take this huge step and face angelina jolie.

but she couldn't, she didn't have it in her.

she drove to the place she knew she'd be at peace— the ocean.

she occasionally threw stones at the water as she smoked yet another cigarette. she stayed in that same position for an endless amount of time, she couldn't even count it. but she felt at ease, which was more important.

suddenly it started pouring down and she wasn't even dressed properly to cope with the cold of new york, let alone the rain.
in just a few minutes she was soaking wet and shivering, though the rain was so relaxing, that it made her think and not move an inch, for that matter.

she was laying on the cold hard ground, her arms and legs spread creating her own representation of a soaked Vitruvian woman. she wasn't bothered by the violent raindrops or the cruel gusts of wind because she felt in harmony with nature.

she felt like a 'a docile fiber of the universe'.

since when had she become a coward?

surely the car crash and the assassination of her parents, the thought that their murderer was probably still carefree, drinking again, had taken a toll on her. she didn't want to get attached to another parent yet to lose her. she couldn't even bare the thought.

but she had always been so courageous her whole life, lily used to praise and envy her for this quality.
she was never afraid, she never ever escaped from anything and now she found herself not being able to face a freaking celebrity.

fuck it.

she rushed through the streets to reach a well-known mansion, the one she dreaded the most. she knocked at the door and after a few seconds a puzzled angelina jolie came to open the door.

it was late, she thought she had been already asleep, she actually hoped so, but when she saw her bemused expression she felt the earth suddenly parting from her feet.

here goes nothing.

"what are you doing here?"
she asked only seeing one of the attorneys from the law firm that would work on her case.

"why do you think?"
the confusion on angelina's face was quickly replaced by shock.
she let her inside and gave her a blanket to warm up, eleanor was still shaking but it was getting better.

her light brown hair as well as her clothes were all drenched, normally she would be worried about catching a cold for her dumb actions, but now she could only watch as angelina made her hot chocolate.