𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

i never meant to hurt you,
it's just something i do
i guess it's not a good excuse
and she will always hate me
no matter what i say

[James Blunt "Always Hate  Me"]
listening is advised  for better reading!!

tw: abuse

courtrooms always conveyed anxiety and nervousness to angelina, as she fidgeted on her seat while she glanced at the her eldest daughter who was pulled together and relaxed, as always. she was seated beside the senior attorney while she was second chair to the jolie-pitt affair.

that day she would cross the infamous mr. brad pitt, who was now being interrogated by his own lawyer. he was wearing nothing too posh, quite the opposite. a simple green linen shirt and a pair of loose brown pants, while his hair was left untamed as if he hadn't combed it for days. he didn't look like an a-list celebrity, nor like a man who was capable of abuse and cheating, he just looked like a cloth chard.

eleanor knew that looks were fundamental in this kind of situations, he wanted to fool the jury and the judge and make them think that he was a kind and honest man. well . . . he wasn't, eleanor noticed that as they first met.

she was also sure that he had recognised her because every once in a while, he would send her his peculiar death glare, probably thinking that she would be scared of him. surely she wasn't, but she let him think so.

eleanor turned slightly around to offer angelina a sympathetic smile before it was her turn to speak with mr. pitt. angelina simply nodded her head encouragingly, although it certainly wasn't needed. she stood up and confidently walked across courtroom to stand in front of him, a teasing smirk on her red stained lips.

angelina admired how intimidating and professional she looked, she was wearing a peculiar black and white Dior suit, which beamed security and confidence from every side. she looked like the epitome of elegance, as always, with the expensive suit that embraced every generous curve of hers superbly.

she was so incredibly proud of her.

the defendant, though, didn't look intimidated by the young attorney. brad pitt was displaying his pearly whites into an innocent smile, which was supposed to fool everybody. he wanted to look fearless, kind, good-hearted, innocent. he certainly wasn't all those adjectives.

"so mr. pitt you have been married to ms. jolie for three years while you have been together for over twelve years in total, correct?"

"yes."

"when did your alcohol problems exactly begin?"
she calmly took a step further to the bar, hoping that the lack of distance between them would put him on edge a bit more.

"uh, i guess around january of the past year. i was going through a stressful period of time, and just a small amount of alcohol helped me cope with it."
he started scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment, the men composing the jury seemed to sympathise with the defendant and that was definitely irritating to the young attorney. although, the irritation clearly displayed on her face was completely indifferent to him, actually it was subject of ridicule.

a small amount of alcohol? yeah, sure.

she regained her composure with a deep breath and continued, her lips twisted into a tight untoothy grin.