𝐗𝐈

eleanor had been planning on visiting her family in london, during the holidays, and she managed with a little help by zahara. she didn't exactly tell her what she had in mind but she probably guessed it.

she was now landing, her mind was blank and peaceful as christmas was the period of time she dedicated to her family and friends solely, she left her problems in new york with a certain actress she had started to miss.

she asked a friends of hers to pick her up from the airport and then she would head to angelina's house, planning on surprising them all.

the drive was pretty fast thankfully, she admired the mesmerising beauty of london, the city she had grown up in. she recalled the very first time lily and james brought her home, she was undeniably wary about her surroundings and the two strangers who she got to call parents. she grew to love them both in the matter of a few weeks. she also recalled how surprised she was when she got to sleep on her own bed, as comfortable as it got, and when lily would bath her alone. soon after her reverie was interrupted by the plain voice of her friend, announcing they had arrived. as she stared at the elegant mansion she quietly called zahara on the phone.

"zee! open the door please."
zahara had a puzzled look on her face as she made her way towards the entrance of the mansion.

"why?"

"just do it."
zahara shrugged it off and opened the door to be welcomed by a cheerful eleanor who opened her arms widely to engulf her into a tight hug.

"ugh, how i've missed you."
she whispered before quietly entering the house, making sure her luggage didn't make much noise so that the others wouldn't notice her presence already.

she hid behind the huge sofa, zahara confirmed that she couldn't see her silhouette from afar and called for everybody to come downstairs.

the kids were the first ones to come rushing downstairs while angelina was the last one, her glasses were sat on her face which meant she had been working.

"zee what's up?"
they were all gathered in the living room, not really grasping why she had to make them come downstairs all together.

"uhm . . . someone has paid us a visit."
angelina frowned at her words, she couldn't see anybody there.

"who is it? i'm not expecting anybody."

"argh!"
eleanor screamed, jumping up from behind the sofa and scaring them all. angelina placed a hand on her racing heart while zahara and eleanor laughed their asses off at their scared expressions. they were so priceless.

"cuddle pile!"
the kids all ran to hug her and in the meantime the six of them knocked her down on the floor.

"get off of me your fat asses!"
after a few minutes in which eleanor struggled to breathe they lifted themselves up and snickered when they saw the look of revenge on her face. she was about to chase them all when a mighty arm stopped her from doing so.

"where do you think you're going without greeting me properly?"
angelina said as she opened her arms widely to let her daughter in. eleanor gave in and embraced her, feeling angelina's grip on her body only tighten.

"my little pumpkin, i've missed you so much."
her mum whispered to her ears and her ears only, while she softly combed her hand through her light brown hair. she placed a kiss on her forehead, and nuzzled her head in the crook of eleanor's neck, inhaling the sweet scent she had missed ever so deeply.