𝐕

stella and eleanor jumped over the last obstacle of the track and then she trotted to her coach who had been attentively analysing her every move.

stella was her white horse that her late father gifted her when he found out about her love for animals and in particular for horses. he did not see that coming, eleanor was always seen as a very shallow and materialistic person, and perhaps they were right on the materialistic part but she was never shallow. she was deep and sensitive, horses could see right through her and that's why she loved them deeply.

"fantastic! i've never seen you so determined. keep this mentality and you'll come back home with a hell of a trophy."
her coach, catherine, beamed at her with a wide smile. she was a witty woman, in her late 20s with her long blond hair always gathered in a messy pony tail and checked flannel shirts.

the owners of the stable and the farm attached to it were her parents, unfortunately her father died a few years prior due to a stroke, and so now it was just the two of them, catherine and her mother, carole.

"i hope so. stella was also very good today, wasn't she?"
eleanor skilfully jumped off the horse and patted her back as she combed her hair gently. catherine hummed.

"you've been coming here often, more than before anyway. is anything bothering you?"

"ah, just a lot of family issues, y'know?"

catherine's stable was in the midst of absolutely nothing, no dead parents or absent birth mothers could ever reach her there. whenever she hopped on her horse she felt free and so was her mind. she came there often to let off some steam, she felt relaxed afterwards and also kate was an excellent companion other than coach.

"of course i know. and how's work?"
as they both headed inside her lovely farm, catherine encircled eleanor's shoulders with her arm, while the latter placed a comforting hand on her petite waist.

since she started training there they grew particularly close and sometimes eleanor found herself wondering if this woman had a crush on her or something, but shrugged it off even though she knew kate was anything but straight.

"stressing as per usual, but i love it."
she smiled and thanked mrs. wilson for the glass of water she offered.

"as long as it makes you happy."
soon after all three of them sat on porch swing as they admired nature at its peak. there was no pollution, no industrialisation, everything was so pure there.

"i like it here."
she said in a low tone of voice.

"you should come here more often honey. get away from that polluted air in new york. i seriously don't know how you do it, that city is sickening to me."
mrs. wilson was a woman of the past and clearly didn't like cities as modern as new york. but it was the best city to make your career start.

"it's not that bad, and besides i'm planning on getting a bigger house far away from the village. you know, after my parents' passing i can afford more than an apartment in the upper east side."

"oh really? that sounds like a good plan, honey, you should really do that. and if you don't find a house out there, you could always come here."
eleanor was like a second daughter to carole and, of course, she was ready to welcome her with open arms, as she always did through all these years.