Chapter 7: Jurassic Park, Part 7

A/N. Prompt before chapter: Sour Patch Kids blocked you on Twitter, Why?

 Prompt before chapter: Sour Patch Kids blocked you on Twitter, Why?

Chapter 7: Jurassic Park, Part 7

Back in the control room, things were getting a bit crazy. There was an alarm going off because people had exited the cars, Ozpin was telling Emerald to stop the tour program, which she was doing as fast as she could, and Qrow was going on about how they should have put locks on the car doors. The one person not losing their shit was Mercury, who was sitting at his terminal and appearing to be doing actual work. Which he was, kind of. He had accessed the security cameras and had a few feeds on-screen. Notably, he had brought up the camera for the embryo cold storage room and for the east dock, where the boat was loading and unloading supplies. Nearby sat his can of 'shaving cream.'

'What are you up to, Mercury?' thought Blake. She had remained mostly silent, trying to figure out the plot from her literary experience.

Back in the field, the group had entered the park, Jaune leading and with the kids quick behind him. Ruby had just run up to start talking to him, picking up where they had left off.

"So, like I was saying, there was this other book by a guy named Winchester, and he says the dinosaurs died from a bunch of diseases, he definitely didn't say they turned into birds."

"Where are we going?" Pyrrha asked, "Did you see something?"

"Uh, is there anyone else who thinks we shouldn't be out here?" Whitley said nervously.

"And his book was a lot faster than yours," Ruby said, "It was like this." She showed him, holding his book up for comparison.

"Really?" Jaune said, somewhat annoyed.

"Yours was fully illustrated." Pyrrha chimed in, knowing he didn't like discussing Cardin in any way.

Yang, who had been walking next to him, tripped and fell on a rock. Jaune grabbed her elbow to help her up. "You okay?" he asked. She nodded and slipped her hand down to grab his.

Jaune tried to escape her grasp while Ruby pestered him to watch what she was doing. Pyrrha saw this, and stuck her tongue out at him impishly until a low bellowing made everyone stop in their tracks.

"The fuck was that?" Yang asked, receiving a light smack upside her head from her mother.

"Don't know. Never heard anything like it." said Ruby.

'I have.' Summer thought. It reminded her of the beast that had nearly claimed her on a hunt in Mistral back in her Team STRQ days.

"Everybody stay here." Jaune said as Yang finally released his hand. He walked off into a field of waist-high grass. Not two seconds later, Ruby followed him, ignoring Pyrrha and Yang's protests. She followed Jaune's path through the grass and came upon a sight that made her gasp.