Chapter 12

"You in my hands, I swear to God, Mix, it's a gift."

I lifted myself up to offer him the kiss, and he bend and accepted it. My hands went to his face and held tight so he couldn't move. I devoured his mouth with abandon, the want surging through me as the kiss, the endless, urgent, wet kiss drowned out the entire world. When he lifted just enough to drag in air, I pulled back to look at him.

Swollen lips, heavy-lidded eyes, hair in wild disarray, panting, the man was looking slightly ravaged.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked me, taking a last heaving breath in.

"Because if we do anymore of that, we're going to be in trouble since your parents are in the other room and Rosie's in here."

His smile was so warm, so full of happiness before he lunged at me, hugging me so tight, face buried down in my shoulder.

"I love you so much. I never stopped, not for a second. God, Mix, please just tell me you're going to stay with me no matter what. Please, just... please."

I kissed the side of his neck and then lifted to kiss his cheek. At six feet he had inches on me, enough so my head notched against him perfectly.

"Next week is holiday. Why don't you come home with us, take Rosie to school for three days, and then on Wednesday night, we'll fly home with you and spend four day in Chiang Rai. We can talk, and you can spend time with Rose. How would that be?"

He squeezed my body tighter, arm around my back, his hand in my hair.

"Perfect, but just-"

"I love you, Earth." I chuckled, feeling the relief of letting the words out of the vault in my chest.

"Always have, always will."

I thought he might have snapped my ribs.

"I can't breath, you asshole."

He kissed my nose and then let me go, smacking my ass when I turned.

"What was that for?"

He squinted at me. "It's not for anything. I just like smacking your ass, that's not new." And it wasn't, just a forgotten detail.

I grunted, moving around the bed, turning the light down low, close to off but not quite.

"If she wakes up in the night and it's too dark, she'll be scared."

"Of course." He nodded, watching me as I climbed into bed, slipping under the covers.

"Cute pajamas, by the way."

"Shut up." I yawned.

He was chuckling as he lifted up, leaned over, and kissed me. "Goodnight, baby. I'll see you in the morning, and we'll tell Rosie the plan, okay?"

"Okay. You know Rosie and I have a wedding to go to tomorrow."

"No, I know, my kid told me when I was in the bedroom with her." He arched an eyebrow for me.

"Ciize's finally getting married huh? Is he loaded?"

"That's a terrible thing to ask."

"Being comfortable was always a priority for her."

"Nice."

"Oh come on, she was my friend once upon a time too, you know."

"You could have talked to her a little when you saw her tonight at the club."

"It took everything I had to not jump on you right there at the table." He confessed. "I never could keep my hands of you."

I shivered and I saw his eyes narrow and heat.