Chapter 10

"Oh my God!" I shouted, finally finding my voice.

"This is so awesome!" I turned and looked at Earth.

"What?"

I threw up my hands because it should have been fairly obvious that "awesome" was not the appropriate word choice.

Earth's smile could not have been any bigger, the delight on his face was infectious, and he waggled his eyebrows at me even as his hand was still covering Rose's eyes.

"Uncle Earth, I can't see."

"I know, cupcake." He told her as he cackled, mouthing the word "awesome" again just in case I had missed it.

"Is Uncle Nanon here?"

"No." He told her, winking at me.

"Uncle Nanon doesn't just kiss Papa."

"Oh I know cupcake." He told her, on the brink of losing it.

I pointed at the other room and he nodded, his grin huge and wide and just plain evil. The second he left with my daughter, I rounded on Nanon.

"What the fuck?" I yelled at him.

Hands up, he walked toward me. "Mix, baby, just listen to-"

"Are you kidding?" I yelled again, pointing at Mark. "Is it Mark?"

He turn to me, eyes huge.

"Is it?" I barked at him.

"Yes." He stammered.

"So how long has this been going on, Mark?"

"Oh no, Mix, it just- this was just-"

"I am asking Mark!" I cut Nanon off.

"No, this... I... God."

"Mix." My head swiveled back to Nanon.

"We just-"

"The part I don't get is why cheat on me in my own room? There are like fifty billion rooms! And you knew I was coming back! Did you wanna get caught? You must've wanted to get-"

"No, I-"

"Were you thinking threesome?" Really it was the only thing that made sense.

"Mix, you won't even have sex with me. You think I'd ask you to a three way?"

"But then..." I was at a loss. "I just don't-"

"I thought you were going to call me first."

"Oh." I nodded, walking backwards. "I was supposed to call. That's right, I was going to warn you that I was coming back so you could take a shower and get all the spunk off."

"Mix-"

"Are you kidding me?" We stood there, the three of us, staring.

"Uhm..." Mark pointed at me. "Where's your shirt?"

And it was suddenly pot-to-kettle stupid, and why was I pissed when I had just done the same thing myself. So because I was me, I had to think. What was I really mad about?

"Mix?"

I wasn't mad about me; I wasn't feeling betrayed. He could, in fact, screw anyone he wanted, a whole football team of guys if he felt the urge, because we weren't exclusive, so... what?"

"Mix."

Why was I mad?

"Mix, god dammit!"

Rose,

I was upset because her stuff, her things, were in the next room. Her toys and part of her DVD collection, her Barbie and her favorite blankie were all there. The hotel room was like a mini version of my home for the weekend, and he had brought some guy into my house to fuck.