-9-

Fakhir is dragged inside their house. As he stumbles into the living room, Zaheer's frustration and concern boil over, leading to a harsh, echoing slap across Fakhir's face.

The sudden violence sends shockwaves through the room. Ainy, standing nearby, can't contain her gasp of disbelief, quickly covering her mouth in shock.

Sameena rushes in, her voice trembling with a mixture of anger and worry. "What are you doing, Zaheer?"

"Ask your son why he left home without a word!" Zaheer says, his face red with anger. Fakhir stands there, his head hung low.

"Where... where did you go, Fakhir?" Sameena demands, her voice quivering. Fakhir remains silent.

"Why would he speak the truth? Let me tell you." Zaheer grabs Fakhir and begins to beat him. "He ran away from home to escape the wedding. He was planning to disgrace us!"

"Fakhir!" Amma exclaims, deeply distressed by the unfolding scene.

"Acha hua mere dost hai inspector usne ise pahchan liya aur mujhe call kiya. So raha tha railway station pey," Zaheer explains to the family.

"Sameena, have control over your son. If he does something like this again, then I am going to stop everything for him, his school, phone, his games, everything will come to an end," Zaheer declares sternly, making it clear that such behavior will not be tolerated again. Zaheer leaves the room.

Fakhir stands there, tears welling up in his eyes. His father's words weigh heavily on him. Sameena sighs. She gently touches Fakhir's cheek, her touch filled with warmth.

"Kyun bhag gaya tha, beta?"

"Aur kya karte, Amma? Socha bhagne se ye shadi rokega."

"Fakhir, I know it's difficult for you right now, but your father has his reasons, even if they don't align with your feelings. Sometimes, elders believe they know what's best for us."

Fakhir looks down, grappling with his emotions. "But Amma, it's my life, and I want to make my own choices. Ainy feels the same way. We're just not ready for this."

Sameena nods, understanding her son's perspective. "I know, Fakhir, and we will talk to your father about this. But running away isn't the solution. We need to find a way to communicate your feelings and concerns to him."

Fakhir lets out a deep breath, relieved that his mother is willing to support him. "Thank you, Amma. I don't want to hurt anyone, but I also want to make my own choices."

Sameena smiles tenderly. "We'll find a way, Fakhir, together. Promise me you won't do anything like this again. Running away only creates more problems."

Fakhir nods. "I promise, Amma. I won't run away again."

Fakhir and Ainy exchange glances, their faces reflecting a shared sense of sadness and resignation. It's clear that their plan to avoid the marriage has backfired. Despite Sameena's promise to talk to Zaheer, both Fakhir and Ainy understand that Zaheer is unlikely to listen to Sameena's pleas. The weight of their impending marriage and the lack of control over their own lives hangs heavily over them.

In the confines of his locked room, Fakhir battles with a tumultuous mix of emotions. His heart aches with a profound sadness, fueled by the realization that he couldn't successfully prevent the impending wedding. The weight of his own powerlessness bears down on him, manifesting as a searing anger.

The memory of his father's harsh slap lingers on his cheek, a stark reminder of the consequences of his actions. The physical pain mirrors the emotional turmoil within him. Fakhir grapples with a sense of injustice, questioning why his earnest plea for autonomy and happiness was met with violence.