-5-

Saiqa decides to talk to zaheer about the nikkah.

"Can we talk, bhai?" Saiqa asks entering Zaheer's room.

"Of course. Come sit." Zaheer pats the spot beside him on the bed.

"Bhai, ye aap kya kar rahe ho? Why are you rushing Fakhir into a marriage with Ainy at such a young age?"

Zaheer pauses, his eyes reflecting the weight of his decisions. "Saiqa, I want to ensure Fakhir's happiness before I... you know."

Saiqa interrupts, "Brother, their happiness shouldn't come at the cost of their dreams and aspirations. Let them grow, study, and become independent. Marriage can wait."

Zaheer sighs, "I just want to witness their nikkah while I'm still here."

Saiqa puts a reassuring hand on her brother's shoulder, "You will, but let it happen at the right time, not rushed into it. They deserve a chance to make their own choices."

Saiqa sighs, her voice laced with concern, "I've told you what is right for Ainy and Fakhir. I hope you make the decision that's best for them, not just what you want." With that, Saiqa leaves the room, leaving Zaheer to contemplate his choices.

Sameena is a silent observer during Saiqa and Zaheer's conversation. Once Saiqa leaves, Sameena takes a deep breath and addresses Zaheer with concern in her voice.

"Zaheer, Saiqa is right. You are rushing the kids," she gently implores.

"Sameena, why don't you people understand me? I am not my son's enemy. I want to see him settled before I go. And I am not getting him married to a stranger. He has lived with Ainy all his life. They know each other. They understand each other. I can't see the problem here," Zaheer insists, his emotions running high.

"The problem is their age, and in this era, kids at their age don't get married. They study and build a career," Sameena counters, trying to make him see reason.

Zaheer, however, remains steadfast in his belief, unaffected by the changing times. To him, marrying at a young age was the norm, as all of his siblings and he himself had married at a similar age.

"I don't understand what's gotten into Baba. Is he losing his mind?" Fakhir asks Arsal, who shares his shock over the unexpected news of Fakhir and Ainy's marriage.

Arsal, equally taken aback by the sudden turn of events, replies, "I have no idea, Fakhir. This is just...unexpected and strange."

Fakhir nods, frustration clear in his expression. "I thought we were in the twenty-first century, where people let kids be kids and focus on their studies and dreams."

Arsal puts a comforting hand on Fakhir's shoulder. "We'll figure this out together, bro. We won't let anyone force us into something we don't want."

"I am going to talk to him." Determined and frustrated, Fakhir storms out of his room, heading to confront his father.

Faiza, concerned for her sister, asks through her own tears, "Ye bade abbu ko kya hua? Why is he forcing you guys to marry?"

Ainy, still crying and trying to make sense of it all, replies, "There are a lot of things to ask for as a death wish. Why does he have to ask me to marry Fakhir? Fakhir?" She continues to sob.

"I think we should do something to stop the marriage," Faiza suggests, her voice trembling.

Ainy, still emotionally shaken, asks, "Like what?"

"I don't know," Faiza admits.

"Faiza, I don't want to end up like Amma, suffering and dependent. I want to build a career, be financially independent, and take care of Amma and you. I've seen how Abba treated Amma and his second marriage, how he neglected us. I'm scared of the idea of marriage, Faiza. I don't want a man in my life. I want to protect us from all that," Ainy says between her sobs. Faiza puts her arms around her sister.