10. Crystal roses

All you remembered was Denver's arms wrapped around you as he yelled for help. Your hands were covered with blood, drying by the second. You went in and out of consciousness catching scenes of Nairobi, Berlin, and Rio or Helsinki or Denver. Moscow was walking around. That's good.

When you finally came to it was nighttime and everyone was sleeping. You pushed yourself up. As you were passing the lobby, you heard the hostages talking. They must have been moved in once it had been cleaned up. The door was slightly open, giving you a nice view of what was happening in the lobby, the hostages were seated in a circle around Arturo Roman.

"We have to get out of this hell hole!" Arturo preached. "I know they have guns, I know they have experience, but some of us almost made it out!"

Wait... some of the hostages almost escaped? When did this happen?

"We have more people then them!" Arturo hissed. "We can over power them! We won't bring the children or the elders but the rest of us are fully capable. They've killed one of us but we've killed one of them!"

Your heart stopped. Someone in the team was... dead? Which one? You remember seeing all of them. Wait... did you see all of them? You felt like someone was missing. Who was it? Your shallow breaths stopped. Oslo.

"We will kill every single one of them if we have too," said Arturo. Rage burst through you and you couldn't stop yourself.

"So that's your grand plan?" you asked, stepping through the door. "Beat us half to death?"

Arturo stepped forward, looking defiant, "There's only one of you. We can over power you easily,"

"Oh really?" you pointed your gun at him, it's click resounding through the silent lobby. "Well what are you going to do about bullets?"

"Your injured!" Arturo snarled.

"Yeah but my finger 'ain't,"

Arturo stepped back.

"You wouldn't shoot me," he said. "Your not a killer."

"Oh don't play that game with me," you said, gun still raised. "I've killed before and I'm not afraid to do it again."

Someone grabbed Arturo's leg and tried to pull him into a seated position but he stayed up. Someone else jumped up.

"How would that look to the police on the outside?" Alison Parker demanded. "How would that look if you killed someone?"

You turned the gun on her, "And that's why I'm not going to shoot. But your going to sit back down and be quiet, understand?"

Alison Parker sat back down.

"And the same for you," you said to Arturo. "I don't want to hear a peep from you for the rest of the day."

Finally, Arturo did something smart. He sat down.

"Good, now you all are going to go to bed and wake up in the morning like this never happened, understand?"

The hostages nodded.

~time skip~

Nairobi was the first person to find out that you were up and running. She had found you watching the rolls of money fly by.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, sitting next to you.

"I've been better," you said.

"That's good," said Nairobi. "But... Oslo's—"

"Dead, I know,"

Nairobi looked at you, "How do you know?" You told her everything about what happened with the hostages. When you finished she didn't say anything.

Tokyo and Rio found out from Nairobi and Berlin and Helsinki found out from Tokyo and Rio who then told Moscow and Denver that you were alive. They also found out what had happened with the hostages. They didn't say anything about Arturo's plan to over throw them, they were just happy that you were still with them.

"So, you found out about Oslo?" Denver asked you one evening as you watched the hostages together.

"Yeah," you said. "Who got him?"

"Arturito," said Denver with a tone of disgust in his voice. "You should have just shot him."

"That would make us look bad!" you reminded him. "It would ruin the professor's plan!"

Denver leaned in and whispered, "But we already killed one of them,"

"Yeah but the outside doesn't know about that," you said. "The hostages don't even know who did it."

"They better not find out or they're going through with that plan," Denver muttered, turning his gaze back to the hostages.

"Let's hope that never happens," you said, following his lead.

~time skip~

Being one team member short was hard, even if it was one that didn't talk and was just muscle. Helsinki took it the hardest. He didn't cry he just... didn't cry. He closed himself off to the rest of the team and just did his job. You and the others tried to comfort him but it didn't seem to work. Helsinki hadn't smiled since Oslo died.

~time skip~

You sat on a window ledge with Denver, watching the cops move around down below. They would occasionally look up but thankfully they didn't spot you.

"I wonder what's going to in the outside," you said. "I mean, we see it on the news but the news doesn't get everything. It doesn't tell us how the professors doing and neither does he." You put your hand against the glass and sighed. "I wish this would all be over really soon."

Denver nodded, taking your hand and squeezing it.

"I know," he said, "I know."

He smiled.