6. gunshots

You and Nairobi were passing out food and water to the hostages when a gunshot filled the room. Nairobi instantly dropped the pizza and ran to where the sound came from.

"Tokyo?! Tokyo! Fuck, Tokyo!" Nairobi yelled and you saw Tokyo run up the stairs.

"Go get Berlin!" You yelled. Another gunshot goes off and you follow Nairobi up to where the gunshot sounded. Tokyo was standing in the room talking to a security camera.

"What the fuck is going on?" Berlin yelled. You jumped. You hadn't noticed that he was in the room. Helsinki and Oslo were there too."Helinski, put the gun down." Berlin said. Helinski had been pointing it at Tokyo. Rio ran into the room but got through down by Berlin. Tokyo turned back to the security camera and yelled something, her gun still pointed at Berlin. The professor said something and the line went dead. The room was silent. Then a noise broke the silence. Fuck. The sound of a gunshot broke the silence. Everyone jumped.

"What the fuck was that?" Tokyo yelled. There was chaos and no one noticed that you slipped away. You quickly found Denver and Monica. Denver had missed his first shot. Tears were going down his face. He looked up and saw you in the doorway.

"I-I can't do it." He choked. "Berlin told me too. I'm not a killer." You nodded.

"I heard." You said and took the gun out of his hand. "I'll do it." You said.

"Sokovia..." Denver said.

"I've killed before." You said. "You haven't." You turned to Monica and raised the gun. "I'm sorry." Your finger squeezed the trigger and Monica died. You felt Denver's eyes on you. You met his gaze. Before he could say anything Berlin ran into the room. He first saw Monica, dead, then he saw Denver, gunless. His eyes quickly moved to you, holding the gun. Moscow was right behind him.

"Boy, did you kill that woman?" Moscow asked. Denver opened his mouth the reply but you stopped him.

"I did." You said. You felt the weight of everyone's gaze fall on you. Then Moscow fell to the ground. Damn panic attack.

"Dad, dad!" Denver yelled, running over to him.

"Lay down Moscow, it's okay, you're okay." You tried to calm him down. You found a blanket and put it over Moscow to help him relax. The others helped bring Moscow into the phone room. You and Denver stayed back. You looked at Denver, he was still crying. You leaned into him and wrapped your arm around him. He looked down at you. "It's okay." You told him. He faintly smiled.

"Thank you." He said faintly.

~time skip~

Denver was still shocked about what had happened. Moscow was fine and Monica's body had been hidden. You wondered what Denver was thinking about.

"You didn't have to kill Monica." Denver said softly, making you look up at him. "You could have shot her in the leg and we could have hidden her."

"It was either her, or us." You said. "She had the phone, the police could have hacked it and then we'd be dead or in jail. If I was the only one who survived or who was sent to jail, I'd kill myself because I'd be alive and you wouldn't." Denver met your eyes. You took his hand and squeezed it. "I'm sorry I caused you pain." You walked away, leaving Denver speechless.

The next day was filled with work and silence. Especially between you and Denver. The hostages were wondering what happened to Monica. After a while, Berlin talked to the hostages.

"I've gathered you here, to tell you a bit of how things are going and to silence the rumors. I know there's a rumor being spread around that Monica Gaztambide had died and that's not good. Rumors create uncertainty, anxiety. That's why I want to address it. The fact is, Senorita Monica, your friend, has been executed." Berlin announced to the hostages. The hostages started crying. You turned and walked away. You couldn't bear to see all those people sad and heart broken because of you. You found an empty room and was about to close the door when Denver stopped you.

"How many times will you follow me?" You asked. Denver closed the door behind him for some privacy.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "If I were you I'd feel terrible."

"Well, I'm not you." You hissed.

"Sokovia..." Denver began. "I just want to know if you're okay." You sighed. He wouldn't stop 'till he got his answer.

"I can't handle being the reason so many people are heartbroken." You confessed. "I didn't want to kill Monica, but I knew I had too." Denver took your hands in his own.

"I'm sorry." He said. "I should have done it."

"No." You said. "You're not a killer. And you were right." Denver's eyes widened. "I shouldn't have killed her. I should have shot her in the leg or something then we could have hidden you."

"No." Denver said firmly. "You did the right thing."

"Are you sure?" You asked.

"Yes." Denver nodded. "Yes I am." He kissed you. That night with Alison and the helicopters and staying up past midnight all came rushing back. You kissed him back.

~time skip~

We already made mistakes. The police found a hint. The professor's car. All our fingerprints, from Tokyo, Rio, Denver, Nairobi, Berlin mine and the worst is the ones from the professor are in the fucking car. They already found out about Rio and Tokyo. The cameras got their faces and now their identities are revealed. Won't take long till they find all of ours if the professor won't get the car clean.

Now they found Berlin's identity. As the news showed us, he isn't the fancy man he pretended to be. Not just robbery, no, he sold women and even minors. Such a bastard. But how did they get his DNA? Denver.

Berlin walked slowly through the mint like a psychopath looking for Denver. You tried to stop him.

"It wasn't Denver's fault!" You pleaded with him. "It was an accident!"

"He messed up my honor." Berlin hissed, continuing to search for Denver. You followed him.

"Honor doesn't matter!" You said. "If it did, we'd all be wearing suits and dresses and walk around like we own this place!" Berlin glared at you but continued walking. "Berlin!" You shouted. Berlin stopped. He wasn't very used to you shouting. No one was. "You can't change what happened. It doesn't help punishing him. Calm down and please don't ruin our plan." Berlin was on the edge of doing something stupid. Berlin started to leave to look for Denver but you pulled out your gun on him. So did Helinski and Oslo. Their guns pointed at you and yours at Berlin.

"Sokovia sweetheart, put the gun down." Berlin said. "You don't want another kill on your list don't you."

"Don't call me sweetheart." You punched him in the jaw and turned your gun on Helsinki and Oslo. "Come on, shoot me, I dare you." They didn't shoot you. "Ah. As I thought." Berlin straightened up, rubbing his jaw.

"Ow." He said.

"You deserve it." You said. Berlin glared at you. "Stop now or next time I won't punch you." Berlin smirked.

"What are you going to do?" He taunted. "Shoot me?"

"I'm really tempted to." You said. At that moment Denver appeared. Berlin gave a roar of anger, whipped out a gun, and there was a loud bang. "DENVER!" You yelled.