𝟎𝟐𝟐. ( i promise. )

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO !( i promise

( i promise. )

A LARGE burst erupted from the pool, following nicks canon ball into the water

A LARGE burst erupted from the pool, following nicks canon ball into the water. matt walked out the back door of the house, following the rest of the friends, after dylan had suggested the idea of going for a night swim. laughter filled the entirety of the backyard as chris practically face planted into the pool, being pushed into the water by dylan. she stood on the edge, unable to contain her own giggling, before jumping in after him.

matt smiled, and sighed in disbelief, unable to understand how he could possibly be related to them, as he watched his brothers wrestle in the water. he felt soft fur brush past his leg, before ozlo darted toward the pool, leaping into the water.

his eyes traveled along the yard, taking in the scenery. the moon had just come up, the sky being a shade of lavender, fading into indigo. dusk. his favorite time of the day.

when his eyes landed on the lounge chairs off to the side of the pool, he felt his breath hitch to his throat. kennedy's milk chocolate hair falling perfectly into place, mixed with the blue glare from the pool lights, made his stomach flip, she looked pretty. but his expression immediately faltering, realizing the girl sat there deep in thought. her legs crisscrossed in front of her, as she focused intently at her hands, picking at the excess skin surrounding her nails.

"you okay?" he spoke softly as he made his way toward her. quiet enough for the bafoons in the pool not to hear. kennedy quickly pulled her hands away, letting out a subtle uncertain 'mhm!' nodding her head in reassurance, reaching for a piece of brownie from the plate beside her and taking a large bite.

"why do you ask?" she shrugged her shoulders, her voice muffled by the brownie she was chewing.

"just thought i would," he began, taking a seat beside her. his arm softly brushing against hers, sending chills up the both of their spines. "you're just sitting over here alone, you seemed to have something on your mind." he explained.