𝟎𝟐𝟎. ( flustered? you wish. )

CHAPTER TWENTY !( flustered? you wish

CHAPTER TWENTY !
( flustered? you wish. )

AS THEY STARTED THEIR drive to kennedy's home, matt found himself, unusually nervous

AS THEY STARTED THEIR drive to kennedy's home, matt found himself, unusually nervous. every red light, he took his hands off the wheel, anxiously biting on his nails.

chris and nick on the other hand, didn't seemed to be fazed. nick, sat in the back seat conversing with chris, as the other sat laid back into the passenger seat of the car, with his legs up, and the small laced up ugg boots on his feet resting promptly on the dashboard.

after what felt like stopping at every stop light in the city of los angeles, they finally arrived to the house.

"nick is this the house address?" matt stammered.

his brother quickly grabbed his phone from his lap, double checking the address he had been sent earlier, "is this house #43?" he questioned, which gained a nod from matthew in response. "then we are here!" nick exclaimed in a 'sing-songy' tone.

A FEW SOFT KNOCKS came from the front door, the sound being slightly cancelled out by the sound of "i think i left the stove on," by hotel ugly playing from the speakers

A FEW SOFT KNOCKS came from the front door, the sound being slightly cancelled out by the sound of "i think i left the stove on," by hotel ugly playing from the speakers. the noise at the door gained ozlos attention almost immediately, so kennedy began to get up from the seat she was in, but was stopped by dylan.

"nope, i got it!" dylan cheered, hopping up from the position she was in.

"i have to get up anyways, i invited them over dyl." kennedy narrowed her eyes at the girl.

"pfft," dylan scoffed. "you're no fun."

kennedy rolled her eyes, rushing up to go help the boys, so ozlo wouldn't begin to jump all over them as then walked in.

dylan pulled the front door open to greet the boys who stood outside of it.

ozlo began to whimper as kennedy was kneeling down on the floor, holding him back from running.

"ozlo!" nick's face beamed, as he immediately fell to the floor to meet the puppy.

kennedy let her grip go from ozlo in her arms so he could greet nick, and looked up from the position she was in. her eyes, immediately locking with matt's.

"hey kennedy," he grinned at her, giving her a small head nod as a greeting, "good song."

"you know it." she smiled back.

chris had made his way over to squat down and meet ozlo as well. as he pet the dogs soft fur, he looked up toward the door, to greet dylan as well, giving her a small wave. nick following shortly after with a large smile.

"oh my gosh, hi dylan, i'm nick." he happily introduced himself.

"oh trust me, i know." she responded sarcastically, "kennedy never shuts up about you guys." she giggles.

"dyl," kennedy begins, before dylan can start to say anything else, "this is matt," she gestures an arm out toward the boy leaning against the doorframe.

"hi" he shoots her a soft smile.

"and this is chris," she gestures again.

"hey."

"hi guys," dylan says to the both of them. "now that we got the introductions out of the way," she begins. "can we please go make brownies?"

chris lights up at the sentence, "i'm down to make brownies." nick nods his head in agreement with chris.

kennedy and matt look at one another again, while dylan, chris, and nick begin to make their way to the kitchen, ozlo, following behind with his tail wagging happily. "do you want to make brownies?" she asked the boy, standing up from the knelt down position she was sitting in.

"i'll make em' if you will." he responds.

for some reason, this response made kennedy's stomach feel as if it had just burst into flames. she felt unable to speak. she knew what she wanted to say, but for some reason the second her face began to grow hot and red, the words wouldn't come out.

"mhm," she stutters with a nod, biting her bottom lip. her eyes still glued to matt's.

he smiles at her, "don't get all flustered now."

his words catching kennedy off guard completely, causing her to gather herself. "flustered? you wish."

he shrugs with giggle, and knowing that he managed to get her all defensive over one statement made it all the more better, "are we making these brownies or what?"

"let's make them then, matthew." kennedy sighs, rolling her eyes with a smile, before turning and making her way toward the kitchen.

matt's smile only grew at the mention of what she calls his "government name."

as he began to follow behind her, he weirdly felt his own self begin to get flustered. but, for some reason, he didn't mind it.

avas note

ugh. i hate this lowk. but i felt i needed to update u guys.

next chapter will be better. I PROMISE.

ALSO. THANKYOU FOR 11k ON THIS BOOK. 🥲🥲🥲 u guys mean so much to me. i love u.

much love,
ava <3