Nine

Taehyun arrived home, as he went straight up to his room, school had just ended.

He shut himself in his room as he took his bag off and threw it harshly on his bed. He sat at his desk and decided to sketch for a little. He was bored, very bored.

He didn't know why, but he wanted to see beomgyu. The guy that somehow made him smile.

Speaking of gyu, he flinched when the door bell rung and the front door knocked a couple times. He sighed, standing up as he left his room and jogged downstairs. He went to the door and opened it, he slightly widened his eyes to see a handsome smiling beomgyu stand there.

"Gyu? Are you okay? What're you doing here?" Tae asked.

"I wanted to see you. Something just... made me want to see you." Beomgyu tried to explain.

Taehyun smiled and nodded.

"Do you... want to come in?" Taehyun asked, nervously.

"I would but... I've been to your house plenty of times. Don't you want to see mine?" Gyu offered.

Tae hummed and shrugged "sure, i don't see why not."

"Get shoes on then." Beomgyu said, making taehyun smile. Tae quickly put his jacket on and tied his shoes on before he stepped out, clicking the door shut behind him. Him and beomgyu walked side by side down the street, talking. Tae was excited to see what gyu's house looked like.

"By the way, um, i live in an apartment. But it's beautiful, I'm on a high floor and I have a balcony, i also have a very beautiful view. Especially when it's night time, when all the lights are lit up." Beomgyu said.

They soon arrived as they stepped inside the building. Going up the elevator.

They soon arrived as they walk down the creaky hallway.

At the end of the hallway, was gyu's room.

Beomgyu grabbed his keys out his pocket as he quickly unlocked it. Opening the door as he stepped inside, tae stepped behind him and clicked the door shut.

"Wow. Bigger than I imagined." Tae said.

"Mmm. It's not much but.."

"It's fine." Taehyun assured.

"I used to get teased when I was in school." Beomgyu admitted.

"What? Why?" Taehyun said, feeling bad for beomgyu.

"Because everyone else lived in a big house, and I lived in an apartment with my parents. They all lived close together so they could hang out a lot, meanwhile I lived further away." Beomgyu confessed.

"Oh I'm sorry.."

"Don't be. It ain't your fault."

Silence.

"In my opinion, this is a lovely apartment. But a question, where are your parents now?"

More silence. But it was more of an intense silence.

Beomgyu gulped.

"Well they... they kinda left me.." Beomgyu said quietly.

"You never see them anymore?"

Silence.

"No. Not anymore. I haven't in years, ever since I was thirteen. I'm used to it, used to being lonely. I'm fine tho." Beomgyu said, taking a deep shaky breath.

"Ever since thirteen— I'm so so sorry." Taehyun said, genuinely feeling bad.

"Don't be, taehyun. It's not your fault,"