Chapter Four - Being Strong

Polly's POV

I arrived at my destination, once again. I sighed deeply, opening the door of their house and entered inside, seeing as this was my house too now. At least it was a house, and not an apartment. "She's home!" 

Great...

I left my suitcase near the front door, going further into the house and plopped myself down onto the sofa in the large and open living room, crossing my legs so they don't go snooping. Darcie was the first to greet me, with Serenity following her after. It then suddenly felt like I was getting interrogated by them, but I knew it wasn't their idea. "I would like to apologise for the both of us, for putting you in that bedroom and leaving you there. We didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." Serenity apologised, "You are automatically forgiven, by the way." she added. Cool, I didn't have to apologise for flipping her off from earlier. 

Darcie then decided to sit down next to me, giving me a soft smile. I looked at her for a couple of seconds, giving her a side eye before I looked down at my lap. Their eyes were dangerous. "My boss found her mate while I was out. My ex-roommate, Clover." I told them, "Why do you keep using that title? Her name is Rosalie." Darcie told me. "Well, they make a great couple." I then said back, before I stood up and went upstairs, going to the bedroom that I escaped from, only to be interrupted by Serenity.

"This room is out of bounds now. You'll be sharing our bedroom." she told me the bad news, "Wow, so I get kicked out of my apartment and now I get to share a fucking bedroom with two dangerous vampires." I then said out loud to myself, before I turned around and walked into their bedroom instead. I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up one night...

"Darcie and I have this little tradition, where we get to know each other more deeply. We would like you to come with us." Serenity then chimed, trying to be persuasive towards me. "Invitation declined." I told her strongly, "It's not an invitation that you can decline, darling." she then said, using a nickname on me. 

"If either of you touch me, I'm gone." I told her, "That's okay. We won't do anything to you. We just want to get to know you." she told me back, accepting the rule that I just made up.

"Fine." I said, "What is the dress code and what time?" I asked her for details of this 'event'.

"The dress code can be anything you want, and 10pm is the time." she replied. 

"But, that's in..."

How did the time change?

"We will see you there, darling. Don't be late."