Chapter Two - 'Them'

Polly's POV

Remember when I said that I had an assistant? Well, yes and no. She was actually my boss. 

"Sit down, Polly." she ordered me, sighing as she placed her fingers on the bridge of her nose, stressed out for some reason. I sat down almost hesitantly, fearing what she was going to tell me. Hopefully it was about Serenity and Darcie. 

"I want you to answer honestly. Do you think the shift went well?" she asked me, her voice was stern, like a telling off tone. "No. It didn't go well. We almost ran out of..."

She then raised her hand, which caused me to stop answering her question. "I have history with them, Polly. I was their blood bag for a month." she then told me straight, moving her hair to the side to reveal two bite marks. One on top of the other. The bites were also quite recent too. She then moved her hair back, covering the bites. "I like you, Polly. I don't want you to end up on the wrong path, like angering two vampires for example." she told me. 

"Can I say something now?" I asked her, "Go ahead." she replied.

"Did they actually meet here? In this bar?" I then asked. 

"They did. I don't know much about them, but they did meet in this bar, yes." she responded. I then suddenly felt a cold chill run down my spine, getting goose-bumps. "You really are their mate..." my boss then said, surprised. "No, I'm not anybody's mate. I'm just cold." I told her a small lie. I wasn't cold, I was actually quite warm in this room. 

There was then a heavy silence, until I watched my boss widen her eyes at something or someone, which caused me to turn around to see what or who it was. "I see nothing. What was it, boss?" I asked her, turning around again to suddenly scream at Serenity and Darcie. How did they manage to get in here?! It was a staff room!!

"What the..." I went to express my confusion, before I watched Serenity sink her teeth into my boss, draining her in front of me. "What the fuck?! No! STOP!" the confusion went into a desperate attempt to stop Serenity, getting up from the chair and rushed over, ready to yank Serenity away from my helpless boss but Darcie wrapped her arms around me and held me tightly. I struggled and struggled, becoming breathless at my attempts of freeing myself. 

But, I was a human. All I could do, was to watch a life fade away. 

Well, they successfully traumatised me. 

"You actually think I would let her die?" I heard Serenity ask me, causing me to lift my head up. My vision was blurred from my tears streaming down my face and neck. "This one is very useful to us, darling. You are about to watch a miracle happen." she then chuckled, before I watched a blurry version of Serenity giving her blood to my boss. 

My vision then went black, as I passed out in Darcie's arms. I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up with a broken rib or two. 

// This might be a short book, so that's why this chapter went from 0 to 100 real quick. Serenity's boss's name will be revealed later. It might surprise you, it might not.