90

Ivory huffed under her breath, tossing the notes that she had been flipping through to the other side of the desk.

"Grace?" She asked, turning to her girlfriend with a hopeful expression.

Grace grunted in response.

"Can you help me out with my readings? I-"

"Why don't you ask Bindi instead? You're with her almost all the time anyway." Grace muttered, adjusting the slide that she had placed underneath her microscope.

"Grace-"

"I'm busy. Go ask Bindi. Although I don't know why she'd be any good at it, I have far more experience than her. And I don't think her red hair is natural. I-" the woman's voice rose.

"I love it when you get like this, it's like being sprayed with spit by a real redhead princess." Ivory said sarcastically.

Grace rolled her eyes then furrowed her brow and leant over her microscope, not bothering to respond.

"You're being so- forget it!" Ivory snatched her papers up off the desk and swept out of the room with her mouth in a straight line.

The dark haired woman stalked down the corridor, barely noticing as she collided with Bindi, sending a flurry of paperwork into the air. "Shit! Sorry." Ivory crouched down and began to sweep the paper into a pile.

"It's okay. I wasn't looking where I was going either." Bindi smiled. "Let me sort this out, I need to make sure that my work is in a certain order or I'll be lost when I look at it again tomorrow."

Ivory nodded and straightened back up. "Thanks."

"No problem." Bindi handed Ivory her papers back and got up from the floor with her own work tucked safely under one arm. "Are you okay? You don't look very happy."

"I'm fine. I'm just struggling to get through the last part of a project I'm working on."

Bindi looked unconvinced. "Is it something that I can help you with?"

The dark haired shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not really in the mood to finish it right now."

"It is quite late," the woman bit her lip. "Do you have anything else to do?"

Ivory shook her head.

"There'll probably be some alcohol left in the store if you wanted to have a drink?"

"You've got the keys for the store?" Ivory couldn't stop the surprise that coloured her voice.

Bindi nodded. "I have for over a year. Not that anyone knows that I have a second set."

"How did you get those?"

"Someone left the original keys lying around. It wasn't too hard to take them for a few hours and make my own copies. We've got some pretty advanced technology in here. I didn't want them for any particular reason they're just useful every now and then."

Ivory was silent for a moment, considering. "I won't say no to having a drink. Just one though, I have to be up early tomorrow to get some things done and I want to use the lab when no one else is there."

"Okay, just one."

Grace frowned at her girlfriend as she pushed the door of their bedroom open a little after three in the morning

"Are you drunk?"

"A little bit. I think. I don't know." Ivory flopped down on the edge of the bed and pulled her boots off.

"A little bit?" Grace's asked incredulously. "I'm surprised that you even made it in here without falling on your face."

Ivory didn't answer. She pushed her boots under the bed then lay down on top of the duvet, pressing her face into the pillow.

"How did you end up like this?"

"Went to Bindi like you said," Ivory mumbled.

"Just don't choke on your vomit in your sleep." Grace rolled onto her side.

"I won't be able to get to sleep to do that if you don't stop talking."

"Try not to, I don't really want to wake up and have to shove your stiff corpse off of the bed so that I can go and get dressed."

"You're delightful Grace," Ivory said sarcastically. "What's gotten into you lately?"

"Nothing." Grace's said sulkily.

"Whatever it is is starting to piss me off." Ivory's voice was unusually harsh.

"I said it's nothing. Leave it."

"I mean it Grace, I've had enough."

A/N: If you were concerned that it's not really happened yet/ waiting for WOTW specifically I have not forgotten about it. WOTW will be included in this story :)