55

"Shhh."  María hissed as Ivory fell on top of her.

Ivory muffled a laugh, cringing as the bed creaked under their combined weight, the noise echoing around the barracks. "Sorry." She whispered back.

María's hands found the belt buckle of her combat uniform, swearing under her breath as she fumbled with it.

"Here, let me. We've only got an hour or so before I'm deployed."

"Grace I'm leaving you

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Grace I'm leaving you." Ravi sounded as though he was simply commenting on the weather.

"What?" Her husband's voice was so casual that Grace wasn't quite sure that she had heard him correctly.

"I'm leaving you. I've met someone else."

"Who?"

"Katie."

"The woman from the work Christmas party?"

Ravi nodded.

"You said it meant nothing, you said you were drunk-" Grace was shocked to hear her voice breaking.

"Olivia?" Ivory called into the darkness

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Olivia?" Ivory called into the darkness.

Olivia's green eyes glinted in the gloom and she grinned at her friend in the way she always did, her tongue between her teeth. "I'm here. Come on, let's go." She grabbed Ivory's hand and together they sneaked out of the barracks.

"Where are we going?" Ivory asked, stumbling in the dim moonlight that was illuminating the grass.

"You'll see." Was all Olivia would say. After twenty minutes she finally stopped walking and sank down into the dew soaked grass. "Look."

"What am I looking at?" Ivory asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"That." Olivia gestured to the star strewn sky. "You miss your family, right?"

"Yeah."

"You can't be lonely with all of the stars watching you."

"You're crazy."

Dishonourable Discharge: Grace Augustine जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें