45

Ivory was stood in the bathroom with a pair of scissors that she had stolen from one of the drawers in the cramped kitchen. She hacked at her hair, squinting at her reflection in the mirror that Trudy had brought to replace the one that she had shattered.  The woman bit her lip, examining her hair critically then leant further forwards, haphazardly trimming the ends of her hair until they were all the same length. She scooped the pile of black hair from the sink and dumped it into the bathroom bin then pushed the door open, heading back in the direction of her room.

Grace was sat on the bed with her nose in one of her countless books on Pandoran flora.

"Whaddya think?" Ivory asked, putting the scissors away in a drawer. She turned to Grace and gave her an extravagant bow, her black hair swinging over her shoulders.

The redhead chucked her book onto her desk with a resounding thud and got up. She reached out, her large hands gripping Ivory's waist. Grace reached up and ran her fingers through the shorter woman's dark hair, a grin on her face then let her hands drop to the hem of Ivory's tank top. She paused for a second, her brown eyes questioning.

"Don't stop."

Grace lifted the other woman's T-shirt off with ease, tossing it into the corner. The room was only illuminated by Grace's desk lamp, all other light came from outside. Ivory was painted with moonlight, shadows curling around her biceps, the indentations of her collarbones, her bare torso until the dark line of her combat trousers. Scars snaked their way around her ribs with one particularly large one on her lower abdomen, it's jagged line almost running through her navel. The dragon tattoo that ran down her spine seemed more intense in the ghostly glow of the full moon. Grace pulled Ivory in by the waist and caught Ivory's tiny needful gasp with her mouth.

Ivory lay with her head resting on Grace's bare chest, gazing out of the bedroom window at the enormous planet that hung in the sky above them

Ivory lay with her head resting on Grace's bare chest, gazing out of the bedroom window at the enormous planet that hung in the sky above them. "You could've just told me that you liked it." She brushed a piece of hair out of her eyes.

"I could've." Grace agreed. "But this way was much more fun." She reached under the duvet and ran a careless hand over one of the bite marks that she had left on Ivory's inner thigh.

The dark haired woman shut her eyes, trying to ignore how cool Grace's bare skin felt against her burning cheeks.

"What?"

"What do you mean what?"

"You've got that expression on your face again."

"What expression?" Ivory didn't bother opening her eyes.

"The one where you look stupidly guilty."

Ivory swallowed. In all honesty she did feel guilty, guilty for still wishing that sex with Grace could go beyond a casual fuck, guilty for savouring the stolen moments with her whenever no one else was around.

"What are you thinking?" Grace slid an arm around the younger woman's waist. She blinked in surprise. Grace wasn't the type to try her hand at pillow talk and she had never chosen to stick around after a hook up until things started with Ivory. If it had been anyone else she would have left an hour ago, creeping down the corridor with her clothes rumpled. None of her usual rules seemed to apply to the way that she behaved with Ivy and it scared the hell out of her.

Ivory opened one eye. "I'm thinking," she said slowly. "That you look smug as hell right now." 

Grace shrugged. "It's just good to know that I haven't lost my touch."

"I think Trudy, Norm and Jake all separately banging on the wall and complaining about the noise should have been proof enough of that." The dark haired woman muttered, tugging the blanket so that it covered her shoulders.

Grace couldn't keep the smirk off of her face. "Well yes, there's that." She reached out and ran her thumb over the thick scar on Ivory's face.

"What are you thinking?"

I'm thinking that I wish things were different between us. Being with you almost makes me wish I was back on Earth. Maybe then there'd actually be a chance for us to be together properly. I can't admit I love you here, it's never going to work out. You'll either get corrupted like Parker was the second I've told you how I actually feel or one of us will end up being killed. "I'm thinking that..." the redhead broke off. "That I should go and take some more samples of the Binary Sunshine tomorrow."

A/N: I changed Ivory's tattoo because I feel like this one fits her better