79

Grace groaned and clamped a pillow over her head in a feeble attempt to block out the sunlight, she'd forgotten to close the blinds the night before and now she was paying the price.

"Calm down you're not a vampire." Ivory muttered, rolling over to bury her face into Grace's shoulder.

Grace automatically wrapped an arm around her girlfriend's waist and tossed the pillow to one side. "It's scientifically impossible for vampires to exist. The-"

"Grace I love you but it's too early for science talk. Wait until I've had a coffee."

"We need to talk about the other night."

Ivory froze. "No we don't. I don't want to."

"Ivy you'll never get better if you act like nothing happened. You need to face it. You need to get help. I know you want to leave it but that's not healthy."

"If we were still on Pandora none of this would have happened." Ivory muttered.

"But we're not, we need to face that fact wether we like it or not. You can't keep living in the past doll. I know you've tried it once but I want you to try therapy again. Just for a month. If you don't think it's working for you after that then you don't need to go again. All I want is for you to try."

Ivory bit her lip. "One month," her hand strayed to the dog tags that still hung around her neck.

"Thank you." Grace brushed the hair out of Ivory's face. "I'm proud of you. I spoke to a therapist who seemed like she'd be a good fit the other evening and she said that you can start today."

Ivory groaned. "Grace!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I should have talked to you about it first but I was worried and I panicked."

Ivory rolled her eyes but didn't say anything more.

Grace's phone began to chime noisily, alerting her that it was time to get out of bed and get ready for work. The woman reached over and tapped her screen, switching the alarm off before it woke the neighbours.

"Do you have to go?" Ivory asked, curling closer to her girlfriend. "I'm comfy."

"If I want to keep my job yes. I don't think my girlfriend being too comfortable for me to move is going to be an acceptable excuse for a sick day." Grace slid out of bed. "Do you mind getting some more milk from the grocery store whilst I'm out?"

 "Do you mind getting some more milk from the grocery store whilst I'm out?"

Ivory stood outside on the balcony, pulling plants out of a cardboard box. She carefully slotted a binary sunshine into a plant pot filled with soil, her brow furrowing as she focused.

"Where did you get those flowers?" The woman next door asked, leaning over her balcony to get a better look.

"A plant nursery out of state." Ivory said quickly.

"Which one?"

"I don't remember, Grace picked it."

"That's the redhead right? I don't see her for years then suddenly she turns up with a whole other person. Who are you anyway?"

"Ivy."

"Are you Grace's cousin or something?"

Ivory shook her head. "Girlfriend."

"You live here now?"

"Yeah, we've moved in together."

The woman nodded. "Next time you go to that plant nursery let me know and I'll give you money to get me one of those bush things," she gestured to the puffball tree.

Ivory tossed her book to one side and looked up as Grace walked through the door

Ivory tossed her book to one side and looked up as Grace walked through the door. "Hey."

"Hey doll." Grace shrugged off her jumper and tossed it onto the sofa then bent down to kiss her girlfriend. "I missed you."

"Do you want to sit out on the balcony for a bit?" Ivory asked, picking up the jumper and pulling it over her head.

"Sure," Grace followed Ivory outside.

"Do you like it?" Ivory's voice was nervous suddenly as she stood by the railings, watching Grace bend down and brush her fingers over one of the leaves of the binary sunshine.

"I love it," the redheads face lit up. "Where did you find them? I didn't think they'd brought these to earth yet."

"They haven't. I brought them here when we came back, I've been growing them for a bit but I didn't want to tell you in case it didn't work, I'm not that great with plants like these."

Grace pulled her girlfriend into a bone crushing hug. "Thank you."

A/N: I keep getting the same few questions so I'm going to answer them here: They aren't going to be on earth forever and I am going to include Avatar 2 in this fic :D. Also if you're wondering if I will ever kill off Tigger the answer is no not even if there was a gun to my head, fuck the laws of biology the cat lives forever.