6

To say that Grace was unhappy about Hill being assigned to her team would have been an understatement. She was fucking furious, actually. She'd had enough shit to deal with when she found out that Tom Sully had been murdered and replaced by his twin brother Jake who had absolutely no experience in his avatar whatsoever without adding another army idiot into the mix. Grace had seen Quaritch's lips curve upwards when he had read Hill's file which could only mean one thing- that she was going to be no end of trouble.

Grace didn't want a medic- hell, she didn't even need one. She'd spent years of her life studying Pandora and she knew more than enough about the planet to know what she needed to keep away from. The only reason that she had given in to having a medic assigned was because Quaritch and Parker had threatened to shut her entire operation down if she didn't take one when she went out. She was sick of being dictated to by men all the time, especially when they had absolutely no idea what she was actually trying to do when she went out into Pandora to take her samples and try and engage with the Na'vi, the natives of the planet.

Grace had tried to bargain with Parker, shamelessly drawing on their past to try and get him to see things her way. Grace wasn't someone who was used to using emotional blackmail but she was willing to do whatever she had to if it meant keeping her Avatar Program running the way that she wanted it to before Quaritch began to micromanage things even more than he already was. She'd already seen Chacon taking Hill to go and get a weapon on Quaritch's orders which could only mean one thing: Quaritch was already attempting to interfere with her whole operation.

Grace wasn't sure what she resented more, Quaritch's interference or the fact that she had to have an idiot with a gun with her at all times whenever she left the base. She didn't get on with Hill at all which wasn't a surprise to her, she didn't get on with many people. It was Hill's short temper and penchant for arguing back with Grace when she was being rude that shocked her the most. In the fifteen years that she had been on Pandora she had never had anyone on her team who had been brave enough to stand up to her or tell her when she was being shitty except maybe Wei Lin who is a terrible person, meaning she's a lot like Grace.

Even if Hill wasn't just another army drop out with a gun Grace wasn't sure wether she would have been able to get on with her. She'd never met anyone like Ivory before and it unsettled her. Ivory was amiable in the face of Grace's constant swearing and shouting and although Hill turned the air blue in every other sentence she somehow managed to make it sound so fucking pleasant when she did. It annoyed the hell out of Grace. Although Ivory was prickly with Grace whenever she was being particularly rude or ungrateful she was almost never nasty to her which for some reason made Grace resent her more. Nastiness was something that Grace understood. Ivory Hill was not something understandable. She was nasty sometimes but only ever to Jake whom Ivory had taken an intense disliking to for no apparent reason. Grace wondered if Hill was angry that she wasn't the only ex military on her team. Whatever Ivory's reasons for anything were Grace was completely sure about one thing- Ivory Hill was destined to drive her absolutely insane.

A/N: How are you doing today? I've just spent the last twenty minutes laughing at the word nasty which probably means that I should have gone to bed earlier