"But what am I going to do with this ladies' ring?" I whisper-yell at her.

"But I can't take it, na. I already told you, you can go and return it to the store," she tries to reason with a pout

"What! Are you mad or what?" I again whisper shouted at her

"I'm not mad, okay? It's just that it's very expensive, and I can't keep it with me, as I told you earlier," she replies, further again ending up making a pout.

"Just shut up, okay? And if anyone asks, tell them I gave it to you. Is that okay?"

"No, it's not okay. Until yesterday, we were fighting like monsters, and now you want me to say that you gave me this ring? Are you out of your mind this time? Also, it's expensive." This time it was her who shouted on me

"Okay, do one thing. Tell them it isn't the original one. It's just the best copy of the original one. Is that okay with you?"

"Umm yeah , it is , but still you need to take money of this from me in installments" she replied after thinking , while tapping fingers on her cheeks . Ooh god , she and her stupid reactions .

"No , not at all , Aadhira just few minutes back you thanked me and here to finish all those our stupid fights and give this all a good start , isn't it" I replied

"Yes so?"

"So keep this ring as a token of our good start okk" I replied while returning the ring again in Aadhira's hand , closing her fist again.

She nervously noded

"Hey, wait! What's wrong?" she asked, concern filling her eyes as she noticed the scars on my knuckles.

As her gaze fell upon my scars, memories of the recent incident in my room came rushing back. Frustration had led me to punch the wall, leaving these marks.

"...Hey, are you okay?" she asked, bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. It's nothing. Just forget about it," I replied, trying to brush it off.

"No, wait. I'll be there in just two minutes," she said determinedly.

Before I could respond, she swiftly ran downstairs. And true to her words, she's here in just 2 minutes.

"Now give me your hand," she asks.

I give her my hand, and she gently applies ointment, carefully cleaning it with antiseptic. She looks so cute, making faces as she tends to my wound, as if the pain is in her hands, not mine. May be she was actually right , we really misunderstood each other all these years.

"What happened to your hand?" she asks once she's done.

"Nothing," I replied to avoid

"Don't lie. You can share with me if you want to, otherwise it's your choice. I won't force you. Just take care and sleep early because you're getting married tomorrow. Now, I'm leaving. Sorry for taking more than 5 minutes of your time." She said

Saying this, she picks up the first aid box and starts to move, but before she could move , I quickly grab her wrist from behind, making her stop in her tracks.

She turns around, looking at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"What happened? Are you okay?" she asks, gesturing towards my hold on her wrist.

I loosen my grip on her wrist and say, "Wait, I want to tell you something, ......

Only if you don't mind." I added further