The four turned to leave but stopped when Jughead turned back and spoke. "If we win, we'll give you the White Wyrm. You can expand your drug-dealing horizons, and upgrade out of this literal hellhole."

"What the hell are you doing?" I snapped, watching as he extended a hand to Malachai.

"We'll take the Wyrm, and Sunnyside Trailer Park," Malachai said before shaking Jughead's hand.

I glared at the two before pushing Andrews and Jughead towards the girls and the door. "Out," I ordered.

"Get back to the Northside where you belong," I snapped once we were outside. "Not you, Jones," I said, grabbing his collar.

"I'll call you guys later," he said before pulling himself out of my grasp. "What the hell are you doing here, Abigail? And what was that between you and Malachai?"

I shook my head, glaring at him. "You don't get to ask the questions right now, I do" I snapped. So let's start with the question I already asked. Why are you challenging the Ghoulies to a race? An illegal street race, I might add."

Jughead sighed, looking around. "Can we do this somewhere else? We're kind of moving targets here, especially you," he gestured to my Serpent jacket.

"No, we're doing this now so I can go back in and try to fix your mess. Now answer the damn question."

"Okay. After the raid, Tall Boy told me to meet him here. He said we needed to boost our numbers and Serpents and Ghoulies should join ranks. Archie and I went to talk to my dad this morning, he gave us the idea." Jughead began pacing back and forth in front of me. "Tall Boy's a traitor, he wants the Serpents to start dealing Jingle Jangle alongside the Ghoulies. I tried to stall, wait for you guys to get out but I couldn't wait any longer, I had to do something before it was too late. And now I find out you're in on it too?"

"Are you done?" I asked when he finally fell silent, though still pacing. He nodded, not looking at me. "Good. You actually answered several questions I had. But now," I grabbed his shoulder, "quit pacing and listen to me carefully. First of all, I didn't know about Tall Boy's plan until just now. Second, I was here on my own business. Personal business, which means don't go running around playing detective and trying to solve a mystery that's none of your concern. Finally, get it through your thick skull, Jones. You're a Serpent now. That you need to cut ties with those Northsiders and hang with us, not just at school, all the time. If you'd done that, maybe you would have known some of us got out this morning, myself included. Now go, I have to get back in there and undo this."

I was halfway to the door when I turned back. "Hey Jones," I called out, walking back towards him. "You and your buddies better keep quiet about what happened here. You don't want people knowing you were in the Ghoulies den, and I'm warning you right now that you sure as hell don't want anyone finding out Tall Boy and I were here."

"We won't say anything," he replied.I left him standing there and walked back into the house, finding Tall Boy and Malachai easily.

"The Princess has returned," Malachai cheered, raising his bottle in a mock toast as I took a seat on the arm of the couch. I grabbed the bottle from his hand, taking a drink before passing it back. He'd always had terrible taste in alcohol.

"Since we've now confirmed that Jones has no real say in Serpent business, call off the race," I demanded.

"No can do, sweetheart," Malachai said. "We shook on it, the deal's been made. Or you can forfeit now and be done with it."

There was no way I was about to forfeit. "What if we change the terms?" I asked, looking between him and Tall Boy. "Take the Wyrm and Sunnyside off the table. If you win...," I paused, preparing for what I was about to say. "If you win, I'll leave the Serpents and join the Ghoulies. Officially."

"Tempting, but no," Malachai answered. "But maybe when we take the Wyrm, you can come by and dance for me on that pole."

"Too bad you'll be losing the race then," I said, standing. Tall Boy watched me, no expression on his face. "What? You're just going to stand by and let this happen?" I snapped at him.

"I gave Jones the choice to unite our tribes, he didn't take it," he replied. "The offers out there for you though, trade sides and I'm sure those boys will follow your lead."

"Too bad, I already offered up a chance for me to become a Ghoulie but it was passed over. There's not going to be a second time."

"Get to the Wyrm, I'll be there later to let everyone know about the race," Tall Boy said.

"Evolve or die, baby, evolve or die," Malachai called after me as I made my way out of the house.

The Wyrm was quiet when I got there, and I joined Birdie and Johnnie at a table in the corner, catching up with them on what had happened over the past few days as Serpents began making their way in.

Tall Boy was climbing up on the stage when I pulled my phone out, groaning inwardly at the name on the screen. Malachai. "See you Saturday at 3" it read. I half listened as Tall Boy told the others about Jughead challenging the Ghoulies to a street race, discreetly covering our involvement.

When he was done, I pulled him aside. "Why didn't you tell them about the Wyrm and Sunnyside?" I asked quietly.

"If we tell this crew what he agreed to, he'd be a dead man walking, and that won't win us any races," he replied, keeping an eye out for anyone getting too close. "Make sure word doesn't get out."

"I'm on it," I said, rolling my eyes. Two days. I just had to keep my idiot cousin alive for two days. After the race, whatever happened to him would be out of my hands, win or lose.

Author's Note: Yes, I know Sweet Pea isn't in this chapter, but as of right now, the next chapter will make up for it.

Thank you for the votes and comment, keep them coming.