I finally understand

I really do like Damian.

He's so kind. So generous, and always always helping me. We changed over the years. We went from bickering children to close friends, and that friendship is something I'll treasure for a long time unless...

Is there something else I'm looking for?

WHAT AM I SAYING?! I don't know what's come over me- Well. That might be a slight lie. I got out of bed and yawned a couple times. I can't be bothered with school today... but I might need to talk to becky about this situation with Damian. I turned my head to check my calendar, wait.... ITS THE WEEKEND!PERFECT! Now I have all day to talk to Becky. I rushed over to my bedside table and picked up my phone to ring her. "Becky? Hello!!" I don't think she was expecting a call at 6:00am. "What do you want at this time..." she said it whilst groaning, clearly she didn't want to get up. "Meet me at 10 at the new cafe that was built opposite our school, okay?" I was determined to find out what's going on and what better person than Becky to help solve... this. "Why? And why this time?..." I ignored her question to continue speaking "I need help with Damia-" before I could finish my sentence she started speaking again "OH! I'll be there for 10, don't be late. See you soon!" Then she hung up on me. Well that didn't take much work.

I threw my phone onto my bed as well as launching myself. I looked up at the ceiling as I thought about everything Damian has done for me. It would be awful if something I did ruined our friendship... I just think- what do I think? We don't have loads of time left at school so I don't have ages to figure out what I'm going to do. Really though, what is there to do? Tell him he's a good friend? Tell him... tell him... OH I DON'T KNOW- then my dog, Bond, pushed the door ajar with his big paws and walked in. He jumped up on my bed and started staring down at me. "Hello Bond" I smiled a bit as I stroked the side of his face. "You're getting a bit old now aren't you" as I continued to stroke him I accidentally started to read his mind to see future events. What... what does this mean? I saw myself, not much older, in a field of flowers, with a sakura tree looming over me, standing alone... wait no. I wasn't alone. I looked down at my hand to see another hand holding my own but the person was cut off at the wrist, almost as if bond hadn't seen them at all. Who... who is that? Or am I just being stupid asking that question...

It was 9:30am and I was almost ready to meet Becky at the cafe. I brushed back my hair a bit and straightened my black beret. I checked my dress, black with white accents and finally decided I was good to go. I waved my dad goodbye as I stepped outside and walked down the street. It was only a 15 minute walk so I'd be fine for time. Eventually I got to the small building, Becky already sitting at a table. I joined her as she smiled at me, how else would she react to something like this?  "Well well well Anya. So the situation with your new boyfrie-" "HEY WAIT! HE'S NOT MY B-" I stopped raising my voice as I realised we were getting stares from everyone else in the cafe... this was embarrassing. "Look we aren't dating... I just, I need help okay?" "With?...." "TR-trying to understand... this!" She laughed a bit and then said "what do you want to drink?" I thought this was just a plan to stop talking about it but maybe that's what I needed more than her.

"I'll just have an iced coffee" "okay! I'll have the same as you" she then waved over a waitress and started telling them our order whilst I tried to figure out the situation myself. Damian is... nice. He is my friend... and... uhhh "so if it's that hard for you to get I'll just tell you" I turned to Becky very quickly hurting my head but that didn't matter. "AND?" She smiled again as she took a sip from her coffee.

"You're in love"

Next part: I finally understand-Part II